Author Topic: AI War 2 v1.016 Released! "Back From Beta"  (Read 2202 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v1.016 Released! "Back From Beta"
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:57:54 pm »

It's nice to do a beta when needed, but it's also nice to keep that period brief. We found a number of problems in 1.015 that we fixed and pushed in two non-version-incrementing releases that we just wrapped into the older release notes.

Release notes for the new build are here. They're very small by comparison to most of our builds, but priority one was mainly to get things back out of beta in a clean way.

Also, I HAVE been working on achievement graphics, and spent waaaay too much time on those. Plus Badger has been working on the Scourge (shhh! It's a secret, coming soon in the first expansion), and we've been planning some other features and additions for that expansion and the base game. Measure twice, cut once.

I'm particularly pleased with some changes we're going to be making to the base game to allow for faction beacons to allow you to choose things like the strength/intensity of the faction when you hack them. That's will be so nice for quick starts as well as custom starts.

Also? Turns out that -- again knock on wood -- my concerns about balance being too easy for players with the outguard revamp were mostly unfounded. The hacking cost and related things there have made them so that they don't stick out like a sore thumb balance-wise, at least.

I'm still mildly concerned that the AI might need an economic buff on higher difficulties in the next few weeks, but they don't seem to be suffering majorly on the most common difficulties at least. So that's good!

Please Do Report Any Issues!

If you run into any bugs, we'd definitely like to hear about those.

We're also really keen on your feedback in general, as the last couple of releases hopefully demonstrate. Achievements are creeping up my shortlist on things to do, thankfully, now that a lot of the rest of my shortlist is cleared out. I then need to really get a move-on with the first alphas of the multiplayer for people to playtest. One thing at a time!

The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who's on the fence. At the moment we're sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, and have been for the last three days, which feels really good. If you've been playing the game and enjoying it, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.

More to come soon. Enjoy!

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn't have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War 2 v1.016 Released! "Back From Beta"
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 11:02:12 pm »
I think people will really like the Scourge. Lines of Code is a very rough metric at best for "complexity/interestingness", but here's what that looks like for a the most complex minor factions

1503 Marauders
   1578 DysonSphere (this includes the Dyson and Antagonized Dyson, which is why it's so long)
   2168 Nanocaust
   3808 Scourge
   4162 Human
   5094 AI

To give a sense of the scale of coolness headed your way.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 11:14:00 pm by BadgerBadger »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk