Author Topic: AI War 2 v0.450 Released: Sound effects at last! Plus video of it all.  (Read 3318 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
New version!  Release notes here.  They are long, and in parts technical if you're interested in the innards of our new sound mixing system.

If you'd like a quicker look at the results of the sound mixing system, as well as a brief video-based overview of it, then here you go:

I had, naturally, hoped to get ALL of the shot graphics into the game today, and have their sounds linked up to them, and get the existing voice work integrated into the game... and of course that didn't happen.  I was super tempted to delay the release because I didn't have every last thing in it, but already there's so much goodness in here that there was no point in waiting.

One of my favorite things was actually coded by community-member and top-bughunter BadgerBadger: the ability to name your savegames.  We hadn't had time to get to it yet, so he said "heck, I'll do it myself." :)  That was a side benefit to open sourcing those parts of our code that I hadn't really anticipated!

As always, more to come soon.  Enjoy!

Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Also cool is the new Mantis!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Also cool is the new Mantis!

I really agree.  Way to go, Quinn! :D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline z99-_

Make sure you lower the Combat Duck Volume before the Cybermallards are added in, or the quacking will be unbearable.

Seriously though, the sound effects are really amazing. Listening to it now, I can't imagine playing the game without it!

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
Went to have a listen to this and it looks like visually something has gone wrong - I mean seizure inducing bad (see attachment) type of thing.

Is this a know issue?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:27:00 pm by Sounds »

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
You've got some "Null Reference Exceptions", per the bottom left. Look in the PlayerData/ArcenDebug.txt file, and if you'd be kind enough to open a bug report here:  https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/my_view_page.php it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
You've got some "Null Reference Exceptions", per the bottom left. Look in the PlayerData/ArcenDebug.txt file, and if you'd be kind enough to open a bug report here:  https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/my_view_page.php it would be greatly appreciated.

Done :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk