Author Topic: 0.300 now out!  (Read 7378 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Re: 0.300 now out!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:52:14 pm »
Okay, all of the early access kickstarter backers should now have their keys!  I will write up a more detailed post later tonight, but for now the basic info is here: https://wiki.arcengames.com/index.php?title=AI_War_2:_Making_Alpha_Fun#Starting_State

Keith, if there's anything you want to add or edit there, please feel free. :)

I'm at a family cook-out for the next few hours, but I wanted to get this out first.  Thanks everybody!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:02:44 pm »
I didn't receive my key. Where can I find it, if I didn't get a mail?
Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »
Uhm, is there a way to change the window size/resolution? The window is too big for my screen.

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 06:55:50 pm »
I think in the settings.dat in PlayerData you can change it

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 07:16:14 pm »
Found it, thanks.

Offline drspikes

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 07:38:24 pm »
Thank you so much for letting the Early Access backers have a crack at AI wars II.   I've just loaded it up and had a little play.  I must admit to feeling a bit lost so far, but it is not a problem, it's really fun to get access to something at an early stage.

I think it would be really helpful to know where to post various things as we learn our way around the game.

On the first screen, the only button to play was Start New Game.  There was no suggestion of a tutorial and no way to change difficulty, just a seed and map type. Once in the game, I appeared to start as a small group of ships on a planet already populated with AI.  After beating the AI there, I could not find a way to actually use the menu's to build things!  I know the UI needs some improvement, but I must admit to being lost for now.

Other than that, I experienced a couple of crashes and stuck screens.   It would be good to know how and when to report these to be as helpful as possible.

Thanks again,

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 07:45:37 pm »
You can report errors here: https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/my_view_page.php you'll need to make an account I think.

Take a look here: https://wiki.arcengames.com/index.php?title=AI_War_2:Earlier_Than_Earlier_Alpha_Play_Instructions for some instructions.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 08:40:09 pm »
Thanks guys!

I just realized that while it had allocated keys via backerkit, it did not actually send the emails.  That's a separate button.  Which I guess is helpful in some cases, but really was not in mine.  All of those emails should have just gone out in the last two minutes.

Regarding confusion, if there are concrete things we can help with, we'd love bug reports.  If it's a matter of tutorials or similar, there simply aren't any yet -- the email you were supposed to get has a written thing explaining things that are known issues, and that's one.  I just got that clarified, though: https://wiki.arcengames.com/index.php?title=AI_War_2:_Making_Alpha_Fun#Starting_State

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 08:59:04 pm »
There are a number of current problems for new users to be aware of. First is that hitting "Quit Game" causes an exception. Second, you can't control the fleet ships being built from the Ark (edit: the Space Dock and Starship Constructor also have similar issues). Third, try not to hit "Pause Game" since that can also hit errors.

Also Chris, I was trying to open a new bug and I see this error in red on top of Mantis:
SYSTEM WARNING: 'session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56/sess_2omi35fuevb08l96j68c322gq2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)' in '/home/arcengames/public_html/mantisbt/core/session_api.php' line 121
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:12:04 pm by BadgerBadger »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »
Thanks for the warnings on the bugs there -- if you tab out and back in on the galaxy map, does that solve the issue?  It would help with figuring out the issue.

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 09:18:26 pm »
The divide by zero problem with pausing is unaffected by galaxy tabbing, as is the weird build menu issues.

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 09:20:27 pm »
Also Chris, I was trying to open a new bug and I see this error in red on top of Mantis:
SYSTEM WARNING: 'session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56/sess_2omi35fuevb08l96j68c322gq2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)' in '/home/arcengames/public_html/mantisbt/core/session_api.php' line 121

Are you still having this issue? I just tried to replicate it, and I don't see any errors.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:34 pm »
Yeah, I fixed that by completely closing firefox (all tabs, not just mantis) and restarting it.

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:09 pm »
Okay, just to be clear so I don't close this issue while this is still happening, you are now able to make a bug report without any errors?
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk