Author Topic: AI Eyes, system wide?  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
AI Eyes, system wide?
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:41:54 pm »
I've been thinking about star systems and the various changes they're going to represent in the structure of a galaxy and how strategues might be affected by this. That led to thinking about how the AI's strategy might adapt. The big take away? If the player can build giant fuel depots on a sun, why can't the AI build everyone's favorite weapon systems there and gain system wide coverage?

Plus, what better power source for a Plasma Eye than a giant ball of plasma?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: AI Eyes, system wide?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:10:55 pm »
Surprise Nuclear Eye and copious amounts of save scumming.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:57:53 pm »
Surprise Nuclear Eye and copious amounts of save scumming.
I knew YOU would raise that exact point.  :P  Clearly some triggers would change.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:59:58 pm »
I forgot to add the (Thanks Keith).

I complained about those eyes forever.  I hate them.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:07:18 am »
Making an entire system annoying as hell to go after is something that will probably encourage me to mod AI Eyes out of the game entirely.

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 08:11:18 am »
Making an entire system annoying as hell to go after is something that will probably encourage me to mod AI Eyes out of the game entirely.

Same as tridus. Unless eyes are heavily reworked. But I don't see a "fun" implementation, or rather a "good annoying", implementation of eyes systemwide.

However, I think that the possibility of having a effect on a building affect planet / system / whole should be moddable. Dunno if it's in the doc yet.

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 12:08:43 pm »
Ugh, yeah, I don't think Eyes need to be system-wide, and I *like* raiding.

I posted an idea for a better UI for Eyes in the interface subforum: https://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,19177.0.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk