Author Topic: Backerkit Addons [frustrating discrepancies]  (Read 17241 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Backerkit Addons [frustrating discrepancies]
« on: December 26, 2016, 12:06:42 am »
So I was peeking at the hosted preorders list of stuff as I was thinking of picking up a Merc group.

That'd be $70 on top of my $100.  That's reasonable, but hold on a moment if I'd backed at the Bronze Merc level originally (the same $100) but backer-kit'd the Personable AI addon ($40) I'd end up with the same list of stuff:

Code: [Select]
* 2x of the game in the private alpha
* Basic backer goodies with Mark V badge.
* 1x Bionic Dues and Skyward Collapse
* 1x AI War Classic + All Expansions
* AI War 2 Original Soundtrack
* 1x The Last Federation + 2 Expansions
* Name an in-game planet (subject to approval)
* Name and outfit a Merc Squad
* Name and design an AI Personality

Looks like the Backerkit version of the Bronze Merc subtracted the value for the "name a planet" ($30) but didn't subtract the value of "2x of the game in private alpha" ($30?)

Seems a little odd.  I realize the voice acting stuff is expensive, just the numbers added up differently.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:28:31 am by x4000 »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Backerkit Addons
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:11:20 am »
Oof.  I'll have to confer on this one with Keith.  This sort of thing gets so tricky to do right.  If anyone sees any others that seem off, please let us know!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:28:30 am »
Keith notes, accurately: "Personable AI [as an add-on] was underpriced, basically; it's something we noticed pretty early on but there wasn't much to do about it then."

Yep.  That was a snafu on our part, making Personable AI an unusually good deal and then skewing everything else around it.  I'm not sure what to do about that.

In the open preorders store I could correct the pricing to something more appropriate so that everything else doesn't look "off" by comparison, and then have separate pricing that is available at the promised price for existing backers.  Not sure if that would make people more or less grumbly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:35:38 am »
Keith notes, accurately: "Personable AI [as an add-on] was underpriced, basically; it's something we noticed pretty early on but there wasn't much to do about it then."
Actually it was underpriced as a tier, not just an add-on; the add-on price was based on the tier price.

Anyway, if it's a big deal we can change things, but I don't know if there's any potential set of changes that won't become a big deal for someone else :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 10:50:45 am »
Ah -- well, yeah, good points.  Hopefully this is the only substantial pricing error we've made.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 12:02:44 pm »
*Salute*
Everything else I looked at (not much) looked right.  I just happened to notice that one because of the interest I had.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk