Author Topic: Just a few thoughts on the UI  (Read 4090 times)

Offline Sabotage

Just a few thoughts on the UI
« on: March 04, 2019, 01:27:42 am »
Hello, I want to preface this image by saying that it looks like you're already well on your way towards some of these suggestions with the Right Hand Sidebar focus group.
Also, I'm an artist but not a UX designer in particular. These are just my thoughts from having played a decent amount of this game and been frustrated by the lack of these things. Also, my experiences playing nearly every space sim that's out there. I really enjoy this game as a way to relax and conquer galaxies after a long day.

I hope these suggestions help in some small way, if only to spur better ideas.
Attached and a link here just in case. I apologize for the (lack of) organization.
https://imgur.com/Etl0IPL

Offline WeaponMaster

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Just a few thoughts on the UI
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:31:21 am »
I like the look of all of those. One suggestion I might have for the build queue menu is that opening up a planet's tab should close all other tabs and highlight the planet you're about to start building for. So if you have Narshie's build queue open it highlights Narshie, but then if you click on Murdoch, Narshie unhighlights and collapses the tab and Murdoch opens up and highlights instead.

Another change that I might make to the build queues, put the pause queue button on the header of each tab to pause and unpause all build queues at once. So if and Narshie you are building starships but not fleet ships, then pausing would pause the starships and unpausing would restore starship building.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk