Author Topic: This AI is awesome.  (Read 220024 times)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: This AI is awesome.
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2013, 01:40:26 pm »
Quick question for the Vengence of the Machine expansion real quick, just loaded it, but when i open the game it still shows only the first 4 expansions checked off, but doesn't list VotM. Am i missing something?

If it shows the logo for the expansion on the main menu, you're all good!  It doesn't require a license key, so doesn't show on the license key menu.

Thanks!!

Offline Arc-3N-4B

• Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:51 pm »
So, a CPA is declared in my latest game. Fairly low difficulty game, High-AIP playstyle. 5/5 Chivalric/Fortress Baron Chivalric/Entrenched Homeworlder.

Astro Trains 10 on both. On an X map.

And I'm in the middle.

CPA was about a thousand ships. I'm going incredibly starship-heavy [ie. "start with Zenith Devastator, get no other starships as a bonus ship, and then unlock every single starship and build all of them" heavy. Not kidding, even Scout Mk4s for the counter missile coverage]. I laugh at it with my friend, and I leave the computer for about ten seconds to get a drink as the CPA shows up. I have Core Missile, MLRS, and Needler turrets on pretty much every chokepoint world I've got.

It was then that I realized three things, very rapidly.

1. AI 2 had sent its' Special Forces after my starship fleet.

2. The AI did not forget what AI Plots I had on.

3. I forgot that AI 2 had Hunter 10 on. So, as my fleet faced 5 H/Ks, I barely managed to retreat with minimal losses. Thankfully the disassembler guardians didn't show up, and I was right near a wormhole.
Destroying humanity, one command station at a time.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2013, 01:32:40 am »
I guess this counts.

From an abandoned game (at least for now). I was up against experimentalist, shield ninny, among other things. The experimentalist kept shoving all of its decoy drones under the shield ninny's force fields. The decoy drones still attracted all fire, fruitlessly, into the force field, while special forces would batter me from other angles. Devious.

Offline Arkillion

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2013, 03:46:43 pm »
Wow dam you AI and dam myself.

I triggered a raid engine with my bomber/eye bot fleet while clearing a planet and it sent a core leech ship with the wave, bombers and eye bots being slow they all got eaten alive forming a nice little ai ball of full mark 1-4 eye bots and bombers. Right after my loss I notice a huge AI movement troop comming toward the choke point of my homeplanet, as I hastily get my ships back to defend it the newly created AI ball (of my own ships..) rushed an isolated planet which had a experimental engineer fab. "They stand no chance against my neinzul fortress + Mk5 MLRS " I tought. Nope... the filthy eye bots just sniped the command station..remocing supply from the planet....disabling forcefields and bombers shoved in.... while at the same time the ai striked my chokepoint, cutting the reinforcements.... ow ow ow

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2013, 03:48:47 pm »
Wow dam you AI and dam myself.

ow ow ow

Those look like pull quotes for the front of the box for the game, don't you think?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Arkillion

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:29 pm »
There's a box for Ai war ??? I'll take one instead of the graphic update ^^

And I would put "You lose" on the box too

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2013, 12:00:48 am »
I could see a bunch of more darkly colored enemy ships surrounding a home command station in a force field or something for the cover.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2013, 08:40:02 am »
Hahaha. ;)

And yeah there were boxed copies you could buy in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Russia. Someone took a picture of it in their local game store in Germany; that was really cool. They just randomly stumbled on it, having already had the game for a while. This was back in 2010.

Been a long while though, and the company selling in GAS went bankrupt and wound up paying us nothing. Yay! ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2013, 09:26:19 am »
Aww I want a physical copy of AI War and all expansions sooo bad! I would frame the boxes and worship them. Any way to get boxes? Can we order directly from Arcen?
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2013, 12:29:39 pm »
Aww I want a physical copy of AI War and all expansions sooo bad! I would frame the boxes and worship them. Any way to get boxes? Can we order directly from Arcen?

Matrix sells boxed versions of everything in their catalog, including the Alien Bundle. That doesn't have the last two expansions, though.

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/412/AI.War:.Alien.Bundle.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2013, 12:44:10 pm »

Matrix sells boxed versions of everything in their catalog, including the Alien Bundle. That doesn't have the last two expansions, though.

Wait, that's real? I thought it was just a mockup for promotional purposes. That's pretty sick.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2013, 01:07:03 pm »

Oh wow that's awesome.. BUT.. is this website trustworthy? I'm always very skeptic when it comes to buying stuff online. Especially from websites I've never heard of. Have you bought stuff from that website (digital or physical) or do you know someone who has?

The price is 32,99€.. I've never ordered anything from outside my country. Is that the final price or will there be a shipping cost in addition to that?
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »
International shipping usually costs extra. Their checkout process should tell you how much. Many countries also chart customs or local sales taxes on imported items too, and that can be handled a few ways.  UPS charges extra for brokerage fees and that covers it, the post office just charges me when I go to pick it up.

All this stuff is why digital distribution took over. It's so much cheaper and easier.

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2013, 01:41:35 pm »

Oh wow that's awesome.. BUT.. is this website trustworthy? I'm always very skeptic when it comes to buying stuff online. Especially from websites I've never heard of. Have you bought stuff from that website (digital or physical) or do you know someone who has?

The price is 32,99€.. I've never ordered anything from outside my country. Is that the final price or will there be a shipping cost in addition to that?

I've bought quite a few things from Matrix, they're basically the wargame publisher these days. They're 100% trustworthy.

Offline Vihermaali

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2013, 02:48:08 am »
So, I was getting ready to assault the first AI homeworld (Teleporter Turtle/Camoflauger). The only issue was, the world next to AI homeworld had..an interesting configuration.

Munitions command center, 5 shield guard posts + 2 mk V forcefields, 4 mk V counterattack outposts, some random guard posts, mk III fortress, mass driver, warhead interceptor, ion cannon plus massive amounts of ships. All in one spot. So there was 7 overlapping forcefields over this huge bundle of guard posts + command center + ships. I had to use hit-and-run artillery golem tactics to have even smallest chance of breaking that thing. My 1500 ship fleet could dish out about 200mil worth of damage before getting obliterated, so I could have just done a several hour grind by throwing fleet after fleet at the shields. Or, I used an artillery golem to take out shields.

It was incredibly awesome to see this very unique guard post configuration. I killed the homeworld eventually. Next task: try to break the 2k+ ship armada that has formed on 2nd homeworld and its neighbour worlds.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:49:49 am by Vihermaali »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk