Author Topic: Things that Tidalis has that AI War Does Not (Yet) -- Updated 5/26/2010  (Read 42519 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Things that Tidalis has that AI War Does Not (Yet) -- Updated 5/26/2010
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2010, 03:49:48 pm »
Oh, you won't be waiting until October -- that's when we'll be releasing the final, 100% working, official version.  The betas hopefully will be by mid-September at the latest, if not sooner.  But there are a lot of factors that would affect that one way or the other, and these are going to be really rough and half-baked betas for a while, to be installed separately from the main beta chain.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2010, 04:02:26 pm »
I should be able to join the club of the faithful beta testers, or rather at least for ZR and the base game since I'm still stuck in a rut, but I am excited for the change to Unity (not that I really know what it will mean exactly for me, but a new engine is always a welcome).

You, Keith and the rest of your devs must be hard at work doing this split project, handling the main AI War and the port over.  Have a huge party once that's done with, eh (but I assume you will begin developing of your TD game)!
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05:21 pm »
I've been less involved than I would have liked so far (baby-to-be stuff, but no baby yet), but it's a relief to have it with lots of progress, at least.  With the code on that, it's just me and Keith, though Pablo has been hard at work on the soundtrack remastering for months.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2010, 04:14:10 pm »
Still no baby, huh?  Heh, well you're still a good person for having concern for your wife and baby; though, to our dismay!

Oh, I did not know that Pablo was remastering the entire AI War[/Tidalis] soundtrack--for months!?  H-how can this be possible, oh, is he including new tracks as well?  Months makes it sound like a huge undertaking, though I trust we shall see his work will be redeemed.  ;)
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2010, 04:17:23 pm »
The Tidalis soundtrack is already fully high-quality sound quality and execution, etc.  The remastering just refers to AI War, TZR, and then the new CoN stuff on top of that.  It's a lot of work because he had to re-record a lot of it from scratch, remix all of it, make some adjustments to the underlying music to smooth out a few things that he felt were rough, work with new sound samples that are higher quality to get the most realistic sound possible out of them, and in the case of the electric guitar and French horn, arrange and record live performances of those instruments since we couldn't get anything synth-based that sounded nearly good enough.

Lots and lots of work, to be sure.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2010, 02:04:31 am »
At long last, time to retire this thread.  The AI War 4.0 first beta is now out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk