Author Topic: Small question about buildings  (Read 1912 times)

Offline AcidWeb

Small question about buildings
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:28:55 am »
Why Power Plants got "Immune To Force Fields"?

That flag works in some way that I don`t know?  :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:38:21 am by AcidWeb »

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
Re: Small question about buildings
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:38:14 am »
This sort of thing is likely to make it so that captured buildings don't just shoot out from underneath an enemy forcefield. In the case of power plants, though, this point is kind of moot, since (if I recall correctly) enemy worlds no longer have them, so they can't be captured in new games.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline AcidWeb

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:39:28 am »
Ok. I'm slightly confused.

How extractly this two flags works:

Immune To Force Fields
Fires Through Shields

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:50:00 am »
My understanding is this:

Immune to force fields means that the ship ignores the force field, acting like it doesn't exist. It should be able to both fire through and move through enemy force fields.

Fires through shields means that a ship ignores other ships' shields. Shields are not the same as force fields; ships have shields of some strength which can deflect incoming shots, while a force field is generated by force field generators, force field bearers, and exo-force fields. There was some ambiguity in the naming before, but it's been made much more consistent recently with shields being these shot-deflecting shields that all ships have and force fields being the fields that can protect nearby ships.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline AcidWeb

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 04:00:50 am »
Ah. OK. I now understand what seems be wrong for me. I completely forgot about ships shields  ;D

Thank you.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:32:47 am »
My understanding is this:

Immune to force fields means that the ship ignores the force field, acting like it doesn't exist. It should be able to both fire through and move through enemy force fields.

Fires through shields means that a ship ignores other ships' shields. Shields are not the same as force fields; ships have shields of some strength which can deflect incoming shots, while a force field is generated by force field generators, force field bearers, and exo-force fields. There was some ambiguity in the naming before, but it's been made much more consistent recently with shields being these shot-deflecting shields that all ships have and force fields being the fields that can protect nearby ships.

Confirmed, this is correct!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk