Author Topic: Howdy, and some Problems  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Gelatious Cube

• Newbie Mark II
Howdy, and some Problems
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:41:35 pm »
Howdy! Love this game. Really do. I think this is one gem that the strategy community needs to look at long and hard, and come to some conclusions about how this industry should progress. It's really, really good stuff.

That said I'm having trouble updating the game. Impulse refuses to finish updating. It'll get stuck at 99.9% or 100% and just stay there. It's been 2 days now. My connection is not slow--it went from 0 to 100% with a quickness. But I'm out of ideas for getting it to finish, so I've let it sit there for 2 days hoping it'll finish.

Any ideas?

Offline AcidWeb

Re: Howdy, and some Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:06 pm »
Howdy! Love this game. Really do. I think this is one gem that the strategy community needs to look at long and hard, and come to some conclusions about how this industry should progress. It's really, really good stuff.

That said I'm having trouble updating the game. Impulse refuses to finish updating. It'll get stuck at 99.9% or 100% and just stay there. It's been 2 days now. My connection is not slow--it went from 0 to 100% with a quickness. But I'm out of ideas for getting it to finish, so I've let it sit there for 2 days hoping it'll finish.

Any ideas?

Welcome!

Just take your key from impulse and install manually - download current demo and use key.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 01:44:55 pm »

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you're enjoying it so much.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, we don't have anything to do with the Impulse client or how it updates, so you'd have to go to Impulse support for that.  However, you can always manually upgrade if you want (check the News forum here, and there's a zip file included in the second post of each release).  You can also use your license key from Impulse to unlock and run the non-Impulse version of the game if you prefer, though I know a lot of people prefer having it all right there in the Impulse client.  Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 02:19:59 pm »

Any ideas?

Welcome!

Just take your key from impulse and install manually - download current demo and use key.

Impulse gets the patches so damn slowly, I do this anyway.

Offline Gelatious Cube

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:12:24 pm »
Can you elaborate on that? I input a key and unlock the game from impulse? What does this mean, exactly?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 05:16:27 pm »
No matter where you bought your copy of the game from, you can use your license key to unlock the full version of the game from any source.  So if you bought the game from Impulse, you can use the license key to unlock the version that is direct from our site, and vice-versa.  In Impulse, to find your license key either just look in your original purchase receipt email, or right-click the game in the Impulse client and hit View Registration.

Once you have that key, you can use it to unlock the "demo" from our site and turn it into the full version, or you can just skill all of that and get the update zip file from our News forum and just unpack that on top of your game files from Impulse.  Either way should work just fine for you.  Also, probably uninstalling the game and reinstalling it on Impulse would work, but that's kind of tedious (I'm sure the Stardock staff would have better things for you to try with their client when updates fail).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Gelatious Cube

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:25:17 pm »
No matter where you bought your copy of the game from, you can use your license key to unlock the full version of the game from any source.  So if you bought the game from Impulse, you can use the license key to unlock the version that is direct from our site, and vice-versa.  In Impulse, to find your license key either just look in your original purchase receipt email, or right-click the game in the Impulse client and hit View Registration.

Once you have that key, you can use it to unlock the "demo" from our site and turn it into the full version, or you can just skill all of that and get the update zip file from our News forum and just unpack that on top of your game files from Impulse.  Either way should work just fine for you.  Also, probably uninstalling the game and reinstalling it on Impulse would work, but that's kind of tedious (I'm sure the Stardock staff would have better things for you to try with their client when updates fail).

Okay, I didn't know the demo was unlockable like that. That's what I'm going to do, because the update frequency is so high here (a good thing!) that bveing able to get it direct from the source with aboslutely no compatibility issues to worry about might be the best idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk