Author Topic: Hello everone ^_^  (Read 5696 times)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Hello everone ^_^
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »
I actually had guessed that it was 'her'.
I wonder if it was all the smileys and ^_^ faces. Probably not. My brain typically avoids sexism.

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 05:24:10 pm »
Lol, i have been told i do a lot of smileys XD I'm not to sure i just do them out of habit i think its a bad habit from texting =P
choo choo I'm a train!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »
While it's not a problem for me, it might be a problem for other people. Ultimately, it's only really a bad habit if it actually has a negative impact on your life.

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
Thats true =P i guess bad habit isn't the best of words XD i myself don't mind it, i dont think i have found anyone who does really =P i just have heard it from a lot of people is all
choo choo I'm a train!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 06:08:01 am »
I actually had guessed that it was 'her'.
I wonder if it was all the smileys and ^_^ faces. Probably not. My brain typically avoids sexism.
The anime avatar and the use of "^_^" are usually either dead giveaways of a girl OR an anime fanboi. ;) Either way you can safely say "anime fan" and be done with it. AI War needs more fans, so you are most welcome, regardless of sex!
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 07:50:09 am »
Yeah I thought you were a girl too. I don't think we have many girls here, but I could of course be wrong. Hoping to get my girlfriend interested in this game as well at some point. I don't mind the smileys. I used to excessively use them myself back when I still used Messenger.

Also, I think (not entirely sure) that you're safe when fighting on a world next to a Dark Spire world. I know the Dark Spire ingame info says something different, but in my current 7/7 game with Dark Spire they only bother me when I fight on their worlds. Even though they do tend to spawn on every world with a Dark Spire on it once you attack one.

And indeed, more AI war fans are always welcome ^^ We're growing into a pretty decent community already. Much more people than 2 years ago, when the forums sometimes seemed a bit dead to me.

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2012, 09:22:33 am »
=P thanks you two, and ya Zoutzakje, they are really not bothering me to much XD they seem more interested in fighting the Ai, the odd time they send a couple of ships, through the worm hole but its one of my chokepoints so they tend to die instantly =P
^_^ and ya more people are good, then it will be easier to find co op games and what not plus talking to people on the forums is pretty fun. I just started my CO OP game last night with a bunch of people it was pretty awesome :3 there was 5 of us, it was pretty choppy running though, which i got used to, but i guess that was because people where from everwhere =P there was me in canada, another person from the other side of canada, someone from the US, another person was australian, and someone from netherlands XD so it was kind of all over the place it seemed.
Either way =P we where just doing 7/7 and its going really smoothly, XD it was nice to see first hand how everthing was done properly ^^

Oh =P ya Moonshine i used to have a friend really into anime, when i was in highschool, XD but i don't really watch it myself, i just like the art style plus i really like the super cute pictures! Though i did watch a show last year called Elfen Lied it was awesome <3
XD anyways I'm off to work now =P
choo choo I'm a train!

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 12:16:18 pm »
Funny, I'm from the Netherlands and my girlfriend is from Canada. You sure you weren't playing with us? :P
I avoid playing AI War with that many people. It's hard to get everybody to play at the same time. whenever I do play co-op (not very often) it's usually just me and someone else. And it's just hard to succesfully beat a game when there are so many different playstyles. The more people you got, the more important teamwork is.
Good to hear everything went smooth so far though ^^ Took me ages to get a 7/7 game go smooth. It sometimes still doesn't.

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »
Well there's also a girl friend of mine who's been using the ^_^ face a whole lot more because I've gone and started making her that much more happy.
I'm also trying to get her into AI War. She loves learning complex things, but has basically never played video games (has only rarely when she was way younger). She's applied all of that tenacity and ambition into learning things like Quantum Physics and going into things like Dark Matter research. Tell you what though, if she ever does get free time, we'll be spending that time on quality time and possibly on getting her into AI War.

Offline Phyrex

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »
I just started my CO OP game last night with a bunch of people it was pretty awesome :3

Hey Dez, yeah it was quite nice playing together and you did well.
I think we had 3 people who played coop for the first time (including me) and 2 vets. Being on skype together really helps coordinating tactics.
We should definitely finish the game sometime or start another. :)

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 02:31:53 pm »
girl=guy in real life
girls are a lie made up by the government.
you're not gonna trick me. noob.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:38:42 pm by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »
girl=guy in real life
girls are a lie made up by the government.
you're not gonna trick me. noob.
lolnoob.

^_^

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2012, 03:09:09 pm »
The Internet, where men are men, women are also men, and children are FBI agents.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 10:41:07 pm »
=P I'm pretty sure i have never played this game with any one else Zoutzakje, and i can see why you would say that XD luckly we as phyrex said we had skype, and someone was the leader so he kind of dictated what we where doing ^_^ it worked well besides, i was lost a lot of the games, though thank god for shared units
Also i got yelled at a lot at the beginning XD apparently i cant just unlock everthing i wasnt to start with it has to be a group thing =P or something like that all i knew was i had to ask before unlocking things unless it was a fleet ship.

^_^ glad to hear you two are doing so well LaughingThesaurus, and quantam physics and dark matter sounds like crazy things to just learn XD and ya it would be awesome if you two got into the same game like that =P i did that with my boyfriend way back with WoW we spent a lot of time on there well i spent a lot of time in there standing in town talking XD but it was time spent together none the less

Kahuna, Moonshine thanks for the info =P you two keep up the good work over there ok
choo choo I'm a train!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2012, 10:50:33 pm »
Well, I don't believe knowledge is necessarily shared, but if you had unlocked useless things for that game, then that would mean the other members would have to pull more weight.