Author Topic: Hello everone ^_^  (Read 5708 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
Re: Hello everone ^_^
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 03:45:54 pm »
the exo wormhole on your own planet can only mean one thing: You're playing against a Backdoor Hacker AI type. He can send waves to your homeworld at all times. It's tough, but definitely winnable. There are a lot of harder AI types out there :P Try out the Raid Engine AI type for fun, see what it does :P

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 08:57:15 pm »
Ooh ya i figured it was something like that =P i totally just ditched that place anyways i started a new one I'm doing pretty good so far ^^ I'm not to sure what those Raid engine guys do but I'm sure its not nice regardless XD so once i win a game finally ill have to fight them! and mabye one of those Ai that are red name in the selection screen Like Core or something i think ^_~
choo choo I'm a train!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:07 pm »
Red name AIs are particularly scary and dangerous. Their tech levels start off high.
I say if you're just playing around with the game anyway, go for it eventually.

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 02:28:20 am »
=P ya someday i plan on fighting them..... someday XD

So just wondering, I'm going to be playing a coop game with 3 or 4 people =P i was wondering if there is like some sort of special thing i should do for team playing, or like any normal kind of group tatic i dont know of XD or something like that

=P i have this sneaking suspicion I'm going to drop the ball here, and either be dead weight XD or somehow lose the game for us mabye, =P anyways ya any advice would be awesome ^_^
choo choo I'm a train!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 02:41:28 am »
Run actions that will have big impacts by the other players. Don't go hacking or taking planets without making sure that it's not only a good decision, but that other players feel that they can handle it.

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 03:16:51 am »
I see makes sense anyways =P so with the increase in players, that makes the Ai harder right? should i be making my homeworld really defendy like, and how do you scout actually XD i was always wondering if i have been doing it wrong, i dont know if theres some weird way to scout farther then 2 hops away from you because my scouts die before being able to get to far away
Unless thats how its suppose to be i was unsure =P
choo choo I'm a train!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 03:31:23 am »
There are some tricks for scouting further, like taking out the Tachyon Guardians on each planet, or sending your scouts in transport ships (Be warned, transports apparently alert literally everything on the planet). I'm sure other people can give you a bit more info on that, but all I ever really do is snipe off Tachyons.

Re: The AI's strength, you should defend your planet the same way you usually do, since generally speaking the waves will be distributed across all the players and the AI won't necessarily send a dominating force to your home planet. Granted, it can, but if you didn't get a proper defense up then you can force your friends to help you instead! Teamwork!

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 07:23:30 am »
combine scout starships with regular scouts. Maybe even unlock mk II scout starships. Use group move to make sure they all travel with the same speed (g+click on the galaxy map or g+control+click on a wormhole when on planet view) and they'll get much further.

Also, Raid Engine IS one of the red AI types :P I somehow managed to beat it on dif 7 a long time ago, but I wasn't easy.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 09:28:04 am »
What, I am not yet in this thread? PREPOSTEROUS!

Also, hi!
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 10:12:51 am »
Thank you LaughingThesaurus and Zoutzakje, =P i was trying that stuff out tonight it was was working great I'm able to scout around about 6 hops ahead instead of 2 XD its helping a ton, i found a bunch of Dark Spire Vengeance Generator, they have quite the impressive name, and are a bit annoying XD
Is there any way to get ride of them from the planet, and i can build there with them 0_o
Plus what does happen when it collects enough energy from ship deaths :O the suspense.

Oooooh Hello Moonshine Fox, ^_^ glad to see you join in, and nice to meet you, i do agree it was quite preposterous that you haven't been in here :O i would go as far as to say i didn't even know you existed intill now! Luckly such insanity has been avoid =P
choo choo I'm a train!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 10:17:02 am »
Oooooh Hello Moonshine Fox, ^_^ glad to see you join in, and nice to meet you, i do agree it was quite preposterous that you haven't been in here :O i would go as far as to say i didn't even know you existed intill now! Luckly such insanity has been avoid =P
I'm the spammiest of the spammy spamsters on the spammy...spam...spam...

What was I talking about?
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 10:25:54 am »
Lol =P well, i do believe you where talking about your undying love of spam, and if I'm not mistaking i do believe you made reference to some sort of hybrid Hamster precooked meat byproduct thing...... its slightly weird, i wont lie to you =P
choo choo I'm a train!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:56 pm »
Some people here have had quite the fun (and/or painful) time with the Dark Spire and their generators. ;)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2012, 03:23:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure this is how Dezdanova created his first game:

Offline Dezdanova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »
XD haha, hey hey now, starters its her, but i may of very well been like that i wasn't going to cheat myself out of the game =P just so happens i may of not of assumed most of them would make it harder
Though in my current game with those  Dark Spire Vengeance Generator, i found 3 planets side by side with one on each one XD i dont know if that will be problematic or what but it doesnt look good, and do ships dying in planets beside the planet with them on matter?
Because I'm in a huge battle atm with about 2K Ai ships right beside one of those planets =P
choo choo I'm a train!