Author Topic: Clarification on new/old resource/wormhole seeding  (Read 5358 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Clarification on new/old resource/wormhole seeding
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 11:00:41 pm »
Careful, experience has taught that the likelihood of meeting a given timeline is inversely proportional to the strength of assertion that it will be met ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 11:02:46 pm »
True -- but in this case, it's a matter of my just stopping doing a laundry list of little things, rather than being done with any one big thing.  So the main way that could backfire is if I mess something up that then turns into a big thing.  It's happened to me before, actually, but hopefully won't tonight. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 10:16:28 pm »
So a game that I started under 4.066, that had its gather points and wormholes moved in 4.067, has now got those points moved again in 4.068. I'm assuming this is the expected behavior, but that if I go ahead and build around the new locations that I should be OK from here on? One of the wormholes got moved right next to a command station, and of course as soon as I loaded the game, I get a wave from that wormhole. Yikes!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 10:35:34 pm »
So a game that I started under 4.066, that had its gather points and wormholes moved in 4.067, has now got those points moved again in 4.068. I'm assuming this is the expected behavior, but that if I go ahead and build around the new locations that I should be OK from here on? One of the wormholes got moved right next to a command station, and of course as soon as I loaded the game, I get a wave from that wormhole. Yikes!

Yep, you'll be fine from now on.  Sorry about that!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk