Author Topic: Tidalis Lite -- Web Player Beta Version!  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
Re: Tidalis Lite -- Web Player Beta Version!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 10:52:11 pm »
Or buy the game and stick it on a Jump Drive. Not that I'm encouraging you to slack off at work or anything ::)
It's a phone support job with a lot of down time. In general I'm either entirely focused on a call, or I am staring at the ceiling. The IT staff is pretty crafty though, I don't think I could conceivably get a non-web-based game running there without someone coming over to slap me.

There are ways around everything.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 12:58:36 am »
Or buy the game and stick it on a Jump Drive. Not that I'm encouraging you to slack off at work or anything ::)
It's a phone support job with a lot of down time. In general I'm either entirely focused on a call, or I am staring at the ceiling. The IT staff is pretty crafty though, I don't think I could conceivably get a non-web-based game running there without someone coming over to slap me.

There are ways around everything.

Indeed.  If the PS3 can be hacked I'm pretty sure you could hack something there ;)

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 05:14:34 am »
Indeed.  If the PS3 can be hacked I'm pretty sure you could hack something there ;)
Well, when it comes to the thin barrier between you and the unemployment line, you find yourself growing a lot more reticent about pushing the boundaries. Especially when others are relying on your income to keep them on this side of starvation. I doubt anyone is going to catch a generic web proxy, and I'm pretty sure I can beg forgiveness if and when someone comes to complain about it. But there's only so far you want to push it when you're looking at the difference between a living wage and nothing, especially in THIS economy. That's why I remain impressed with anyone who can make a living with an indie game company, and wish them the best of luck at continuing to live the dream.

Offline Reality

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 04:41:58 pm »
I tried out tidalis lite, pretty impressive job porting it guys :) - I can see it being a big hit on something like armor games, or kongregate.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 07:57:04 pm »
Indeed.  If the PS3 can be hacked I'm pretty sure you could hack something there ;)
Well, when it comes to the thin barrier between you and the unemployment line, you find yourself growing a lot more reticent about pushing the boundaries. Especially when others are relying on your income to keep them on this side of starvation. I doubt anyone is going to catch a generic web proxy, and I'm pretty sure I can beg forgiveness if and when someone comes to complain about it. But there's only so far you want to push it when you're looking at the difference between a living wage and nothing, especially in THIS economy. That's why I remain impressed with anyone who can make a living with an indie game company, and wish them the best of luck at continuing to live the dream.

Oh sure, sure, I definitely am not saying do it, I am just saying it can be done.  I would never do it because it would feel like stealing from the company. 

King
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:01:21 pm by kingisaaclinksr »
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk