Author Topic: AI War Beta 6.003-6.004 "Fortress-size It" Released!  (Read 7859 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: AI War Beta 6.003-6.004 "Fortress-size It" Released!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 11:04:25 am »
The module availability for non-champions seems a bit messed up. For example, I am able to build Mk. III plasma seige modules on my spire corvettes even though I have only unlocked Mk. II plasma seiges (even if it is a bug, I have jumped at this opportunity ;)), and the MK. I module is not available to build. Also, some of the built in modular loadouts of the corvettes are unavailible due to some of the Mk. I modules not being buildable.
I think that's normal for the corvettes:

MkI starship unlocks MkI module
MkII starship unlocks MkII + MkIII modules
MkIII starship unlocks MkIV + MkV modules

Because there aren't 5 marks of the starship (to Lancefighter's everlasting dismay) :)

Is it normal that for the corvettes, the build tab for them is "naked" corvette, a few blanks (where the built-in loadouts are supposed to be), then some of your custom module loadouts?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 11:07:42 am »
Is it normal that for the corvettes, the build tab for them is "naked" corvette, a few blanks (where the built-in loadouts are supposed to be), then some of your custom module loadouts?
No, there's supposed to just be the no-module one, 1 default loadout, and your custom ones.  The blanks are probably the AI versions it gets to pick from; the hiding of those was working in my tests but perhaps it decided to un-work.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 11:08:20 am »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:08:57 am »
That would be telling ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 12:23:47 pm »
I think that particular ship could stand to go to mkVI....
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 11:16:19 am »
That would be telling ;)

Keith, you are one of the most diabolical people I know.

And I know a fair number of diabolicals.  You should hear about the GURPS game(s) I'm in, and how the GM and I are conspiring to break one of the other player's minds.*

*His character (A) is the daughter of my character (B) in one game.  In the other game my character (C) will be the daughter of HIS character (D).  Because his character (A) is such a trouble-making pain in the ass, he's expecting me to make his life (D) a living hell.  I've told him that I (C) will be an obedient little girl and always do what daddy says.  What I left out was "while you're watching."  Goal: be the perfect, spoiled, pretty princess brat.  Daddy will never know what hit him.

Speaking of, he expected that my character (C) would be the mother of his character (A) so that his character (D) is the grandfather of his character (A), which works because my character (B) is male and the father.  The second relationship is still true, but the first relationship is not.  My character (C) is actually the aunt.  Her twin brother is actually the father (another player), and my character (B) is actually the mother: a hermaphrodite (and he's not proud of this fact).  Took the player an hour to wrap his mind around this, all the while the GM and I were laughing.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 11:24:18 am »
Yea, I think you outdid me with that ;)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:02 am »
That would be telling ;)

Keith, you are one of the most diabolical people I know.

And I know a fair number of diabolicals.  You should hear about the GURPS game(s) I'm in, and how the GM and I are conspiring to break one of the other player's minds.*

*His character (A) is the daughter of my character (B) in one game.  In the other game my character (C) will be the daughter of HIS character (D).  Because his character (A) is such a trouble-making pain in the ass, he's expecting me to make his life (D) a living hell.  I've told him that I (C) will be an obedient little girl and always do what daddy says.  What I left out was "while you're watching."  Goal: be the perfect, spoiled, pretty princess brat.  Daddy will never know what hit him.

Speaking of, he expected that my character (C) would be the mother of his character (A) so that his character (D) is the grandfather of his character (A), which works because my character (B) is male and the father.  The second relationship is still true, but the first relationship is not.  My character (C) is actually the aunt.  Her twin brother is actually the father (another player), and my character (B) is actually the mother: a hermaphrodite (and he's not proud of this fact).  Took the player an hour to wrap his mind around this, all the while the GM and I were laughing.

Yes, but for any positive, co-prime integers A, B, C, if A + B = C, then there are infinitely many such triples such that C > rad(A, B, C). But are there only finitely many such A, B, C triples where C > rad(A, B, C)^q, where q is any real > 1?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:55 am »
Yea, I think you outdid me with that ;)

*Laughs*
Not yet I haven't.  Planned, yes, happened no.

As I mentioned to a few people, I've got to brush up on my Xanatos Gambit skill.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »
 :-\

[rng is mean sometimes]

Actually there is some value to my venting. One this first nebula, the match has dragged on for over 30 minutes, because the allied starbase bombers are still spending way to long trying to target ships instead of the starbase.

It might be a bug. The ships with no bonuses make occasionally make starbase runs, but I'm not seeing the units with a bonus to structural doing the same.

EDIT: After a 10 minute stalemate, my 15 bombers then decided to all rush a large enemy starbase, popping it finally.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:42:09 pm by chemical_art »
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:27 pm »
Doom accelerator modules are broke.

Their unlock description is that of the impulse emittor, and I can't select them to use for forts or champs.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »
The Spire shadow ship icon seems to have a problem:

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 03:36:57 pm »
The Spire shadow ship icon seems to have a problem:

Already fixed for next version :)

"Fixed a bug in the past couple versions where the Spire's Frigate-level champion was using the wrong icon in the planetary summary. " <--- Wiki

Doom accelerator modules are broke.

Their unlock description is that of the impulse emittor, and I can't select them to use for forts or champs.
Something to add to the existing Mantis? Didn't know it wasn't working.
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=9847
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:39:08 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 05:22:21 pm »