Author Topic: AI War Beta 5.096-5.097 "Release Candidates 1-2" Released!  (Read 18796 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 5.096 "Release Candidate 1" Released!
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2012, 09:43:25 am »
Doesn't matter a whole lot to me.  You guys (all of you, devs, forumites, all yall) are great.
Careful, everyone, a velociraptor is most often nice just before it eats you.

* Draco18s eyes Keith carefully.

It's time for a custom title for Draco so that people know what the heck we are talking about. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Re: AI War Beta 5.096-5.097 "Release Candidates 1-2" Released!
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2012, 09:46:22 am »
Also: thanks, I've got the other names added into the credits!  Josh is going through and tallying up everything from 5.0 to 6.0 anyhow, but I wanted to make sure and not miss the folks that told me point-blank this time, unlike what happened with Volatar. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: AI War Beta 5.096 "Release Candidate 1" Released!
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2012, 10:16:34 am »
It's time for a custom title for Draco so that people know what the heck we are talking about. ;)

*Toothy grin*
Technically I'm a dragon, but given my involvement in a certain project I'll happily wear that outfit.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:18:21 am by Draco18s »

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2012, 11:41:50 am »
what happened with Volatar. ;)

This is an Urist McVolatar. He is patient as a rock. He admired an artifact video game recently. He complained about the lack of chairs lately. He took joy in slaughter lately. He admired a fine golf disc lately.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:10:50 pm by Volatar »

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »
I just got on a computer I had not gotten on in a while. Fired up AI War. Took about 20 seconds to launch and load the main menu. The game was running 5.020. Updated, and it launched and hit the main menu in under 5 seconds. Nice.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 12:20:06 pm »
I just got on a computer I had not gotten on in a while. Fired up AI War. Took about 20 seconds to launch and load the main menu. The game was running 5.020. Updated, and it launched and hit the main menu in under 5 seconds. Nice.

Yeah, that was one of the things we improved between 5.0 and 6.0. :)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2012, 01:37:27 pm »
Not sure it is severe enough to warrant holding up progress for a new RC version, but this was posted a bit ago:

9759: Carrier unit combination fails to work

Notice this is the inverse of a related issue, where carrier popping fails to release its ships (can't find the report for that)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »
Not sure it is severe enough to warrant holding up progress for a new RC version, but this was posted a bit ago:

9759: Carrier unit combination fails to work

Notice this is the inverse of a related issue, where carrier popping fails to release its ships (can't find the report for that)
It's not severe enough, and I've seen reports like it before.  In those cases whenever I loaded up the saves and popped the carriers they worked fine, so I wasn't able to reproduce the bug in order to fix it.  Maybe this one will be more tractable.

But thanks for checking :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 01:49:21 pm »
Is it just me or does the multi planet FRD patrol toggle not work?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 01:52:12 pm »

Never really did for me, and for me at least, it broke queuing order to engineers when turned on. So in otherwords, it was worse than useless to me. ;)

That was quite some time ago though; I'm not sure how it behaves now.

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2012, 01:55:58 pm »

Never really did for me, and for me at least, it broke queuing order to engineers when turned on. So in otherwords, it was worse than useless to me. ;)

That was quite some time ago though; I'm not sure how it behaves now.

I had a fleet on an enemy world. I wanted them to return to my friendly planet next door, and then FRD there. So, I gave them an FRD move command back to that planet. They began FRDing on the enemy planet. So, I toggled the option in the controls menu, and tried again. They again began FRDing on the enemy planet instead of returning home.

I might be using the option the wrong way though.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »
They should leave that planet once all the visible targets are taken out. Least that's how they work for me.

FRD through a wormhole usually isn't a good idea if you want to pull all your units out of hostile space. It usually doesn't end well for my ships.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2012, 02:27:01 pm »
I know that's how they behave normally. I thought the option was supposed to change that.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:35 pm »
Just checked the tool tip for the option.

If it works like it says in the description, toggled on, your ships will chase targets before a move to different planet order.

Toggled off, your ships will ignore enemy ships and move to a different planet.

I'm off to check to see if those actually work.

Added: With the toggle off, my fleet ships moved off the planet when their current target was dead.
With the toggle on, ships will always engage enemy ships before continuing on the move order.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:51:36 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:58 pm »
Erm.  I might be viable for the whole credits things but this is the first I'd heard about it.  Not sure what it all entails.   ???
You rather exceed the bar, as do a great many folks since the last credits-harvest.

It only takes "3 non-bugfix suggestions that we use", iirc.

Oh nice, didn't know of that rule. Guess I never let the credits roll that long. I'm in there in part thanks to the bundles of joy that are the Spire Stealth Battleships, the AI Beachheads and the Martyr Spirecraft.