Author Topic: AI War Beta 5.077-5.079 "Cap Tectonics" Released!  (Read 24599 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: AI War Beta 5.077 "Cap Tectonics" Released!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »
Here ya go.
Oh, just a little thing like the AI ships not getting the memo that they're on ultra-low-caps and not on high-caps ;)  Testing a fix...
*sputtering laughter*  :P
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:13 pm »
Well, it's hard to tell without knowing the code, but I think the discrepency is coming from the

after applying the ship-type-specific cap multiplier (which includes the unit-cap-scale multiplier) step.

Consider this entry from 5.076

CheckWave: populating count of FighterII with base magnitude of 170
numberUnits = kv.Value * this.WaveSize : 3966.28
after applying the ship-type-specific cap multiplier (which includes the unit-cap-scale multiplier), numberUnits : 495.78
after applying UsefulnessInAIWaveMultiplier if any, numberUnits : 594.92

to this entry from 5.077

CheckWave: populating count of BomberII with base magnitude of 184
numberUnits = kv.Value * this.WaveSize : 4960
after applying the ship-type-specific cap multiplier (which includes the unit-cap-scale multiplier), numberUnits : 4858.28

(yea, I know that I used fighters for the first one and bombers for the second, but they both have the same caps, and its the ratios of the first and second step that matter)

Notice how in 5.077, the second step reduces the amount far, FAR less. There are MANY more than the increase in caps would dictate by ratios.

EDIT: It seems that Keith found not only this discrepency of the second step, but where it came from while I was making this post.  :o
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:15:20 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »
Here ya go.
Oh, just a little thing like the AI ships not getting the memo that they're on ultra-low-caps and not on high-caps ;)  Testing a fix...

::) The things we go through in the name of science.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 5.077-5.078 "Cap Tectonics" Released!
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »
Update: 5.078 hotfix is out to fix a bug where the AI was ignoring unit-cap-scale when sending waves.  Result = hilarity.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »
Update: 5.078 hotfix is out to fix a bug where the AI was ignoring unit-cap-scale when sending waves. Result = hilarity.

Oh yea, I had forgotten about your ideas of "hilarious".  ;)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34:55 pm »
Update: 5.078 hotfix is out to fix a bug where the AI was ignoring unit-cap-scale when sending waves. Result = hilarity.

Oh yea, I had forgotten about your ideas of "hilarious".  ;)

I had a good laugh... in a WTF just hit me like that kind of way.  Loaded the save up and that wave has a more sane number of ships.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 11:47:19 pm »
Is it by design that modular fortresses are unlocked via nebula, not requiring the base modular fortresses?
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »
Lancefighter;

Keep in mind the bonus modular fortresses are part of the bonus of the champion, meaning they are free in K but not in ai response (20% per champion).

The human modular fort may require the ancient shadow expansion (not sure?) but are always available if you want to pay the K, even if champions are disabled. If champions are enabled it still provides an option in the cost of K for an additional single cheap but powerful fort.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:55:41 pm by chemical_art »
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 12:00:22 am »
Its just.. usually we see such things as an upgrade unlock (see: old flagship line).

I dunno, I just thought it kinda weird I guess. There totally should be a "spire nebula secret shop" where I can spend spire influence to buy random stuff. (obviously, gaining spire influence by murdering stuff in nebulas)
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 12:13:41 am »
D.
I managed to kill off about 6000 from the first half of the wave. 4000 from the second wave was all she wrote.

I went from ~4000 ship waves to ~40000 ship waves at 56AIP with the update. This... is... going... to... hurt...

Something fishy about that ;)  If you have the wave calc logs (both AI-thread and main-thread) I could look into why that's happening.

Here ya go. Also threw in the last save. Just pop the gate down at Charin to get the wave to spawn back in AI space further. Speed up the game to + 10 to see and old wave pair (both around 2~3k with carriers) then the big nasty (@ around 35:55).

mmmMMMM-BWAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAA :'(
I think I'm going to wait a bit till stuff gets fixed xD THEN I'll update my game. Also I want to finish the game I'm playing atm.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 12:15:31 am »
OMFG!

I SURVIVED!!!!!

Through liberal warhead spam, spam and more spam.

Followed up by a 1728 bomber wave at AIP 80. Fun.

Find a full AAR in my AAR thread. (Once I get it up, will take me a few minutes.)

D.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 12:26:18 am »
Through liberal warhead spam, spam and more spam.
Seeing that always makes me happy.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 12:38:51 am »
Code: [Select]
9/5/2012 12:36:03 AM
UnhandledErrors:    9/5/2012 12:36:03 AM (5.078)
-----------------------------------Error-----------------------------------Log String: FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ForegroundObject.MovePlayerUnit (Boolean RecalculateFull, Boolean RecalcualteMiddling) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game.RunOneCycleOfSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game.RunNextCycle (Boolean DoRendering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game.RunFrame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MainCameraLogic.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Stack Trace:   at ForegroundObject.MovePlayerUnit (Boolean RecalculateFull, Boolean RecalcualteMiddling) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game.RunOneCycleOfSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game.RunNextCycle (Boolean DoRendering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game.RunFrame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MainCameraLogic.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ArcenDebugging.ArcenDebugLog(System.String Message, DebugLogDestination Destination, Boolean IncludeStackTrace, Verbosity Verbosity)
   at ArcenDebugging.ArcenDebugLog(System.String Message, DebugLogDestination Destination, Verbosity Verbosity)
   at ArcenDebugging.ArcenDebugLog(System.String Message, Verbosity Verbosity)
   at Configuration.WriteToErrorFile(System.String ErrorFile, System.String ErrorName, System.String ErrorText)
   at MainCameraLogic.LogWritten(System.String LogString, System.String StackTrace, LogType Type, System.Exception Cause, Boolean CameFromUnity)
   at MainCameraLogic.LogWritten(System.String LogString, System.String StackTrace, LogType Type, System.Exception Cause)
   at MainCameraLogic.FixedUpdate()

Just got that. No real clue what caused it, but I've got a save directly after it said that? Says 'at move player unit'.. which sounds to me like it could be anything.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:43 am »
I had to actually build a matter transferer thing to have enough energy to rebuild the command station on the adjacent planet so it could rebuild its collector earlier today. It was pretty annoying. The command station didn't even cost energy..
Actually they do cost energy. All but the economic one, I believe. Because I had a similar problem where I couldn't plop down my military command station because it cost 2000 energy, and I only had 600.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52:43 am »
Is it by design that modular fortresses are unlocked via nebula, not requiring the base modular fortresses?
This. I'm wondering too.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk