Author Topic: (3.184) Neinzul spawner home guard post without CoN  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
(3.184) Neinzul spawner home guard post without CoN
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:15:02 am »
I have a sneaking suspicion that this home guard post is slightly out of place... Something about it seems off. Might be the fact that it promises to spawn younglings of some sort, or maybe that it has currently accrued over 700k of build points.. (about 4h into game)

I dunno, but something here seems odd.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: (3.184) Neinzul spawner home guard post without CoN
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:35 am »
Chris intended the Neinzul post (and the various Zenith posts) to be base-game.

And the mechanic used for that structure to produce its own stuff just keeps counting up build-point wise; it won't actually get to turn all of those into ships if it has passed its max-ships * points-per-ship.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:46:08 am »
But I did go ahead and change the abstracted-auto-factory logic so it doesn't store more build points than it can actually use.  Theoretically someone could play a _really_ long game and it would overflow or something.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Ozymandiaz

• Hero Member Mark II
  • King of kings
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25:54 am »
I have a sneaking suspicion that this home guard post is slightly out of place... Something about it seems off. Might be the fact that it promises to spawn younglings of some sort, or maybe that it has currently accrued over 700k of build points.. (about 4h into game)

I dunno, but something here seems odd.

Let me just say one thing; be prepared for the worst. That particular guard post is nasty!! :D (I know, having just finished one off, and I was quite supprised at what it did.)
We are the architects of our own existence

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:16:02 am »

Yeah, there was already the Zenith starship in the base game, but I've been wanting to include more Zenith and now Neinzul stuff in the base game so that isn't JUST from their respective expansions that you see that.  Plus the mysterious Spire aliens have only had a single starship until now, but now they have a couple of guard posts for themselves, so they're making their presence a little more known... :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline snrub_guy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:07:55 pm »

Yeah, there was already the Zenith starship in the base game, but I've been wanting to include more Zenith and now Neinzul stuff in the base game so that isn't JUST from their respective expansions that you see that.  Plus the mysterious Spire aliens have only had a single starship until now, but now they have a couple of guard posts for themselves, so they're making their presence a little more known... :)

Oooooo. Do I smell a possible expansion race?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:14:35 pm »
You betcha! ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »
oh.. thats most interesting.. I dont seem to recall any zenith posts though, maybe i wasnt looking for them?

I thought 'spire' starship was more a description than some alien race, but I wont be arguing with future expansion material  :D
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 03:47:44 pm »
The zenith ones are on the homeworlds only that I recall, and they wouldn't be in every game.  But, cool stuff. :)

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 07:24:33 pm »

Which reminds me: do Acid Sprayers get a bonus against them?
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk