Author Topic: 2010 Indie Of The Year Awards  (Read 2596 times)

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
2010 Indie Of The Year Awards
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »
Greetings Arcen fans!

We wanted to take a quick moment to let you know that three of our games are on the selection list for the 2010 Indie Of The Year Awards. The selection is very simple, as it's up to the fans to get the games to the next Top 50 round! All you have to do is go onto www.indiedb.com, and vote for your favorite Indie games of the year before November 30th. If you could take a moment of your time and go on to vote for our games, we'd really appreciate it! Here are the links to our games:

AI War: Fleet Command - http://www.indiedb.com/games/ai-war-fleet-command
AI War: The Zenith Remnant - http://www.indiedb.com/games/ai-war-the-zenith-remnant
Tidalis - http://www.indiedb.com/games/tidalis

If you're already a member of IndieDB, then sign in first before you vote. Otherwise, you can vote as a guest too (although sometimes it will make you wait 3 minutes between votes if you're a guest).

Be sure to click on the link, go half way down the page and click on the green button that says "Vote for this indie: In the 2010 IOTY Awards". You can only vote for each game once, but be sure to vote for all three games.

As always, thank you so much for your support! Check out the awards video as well, you might see a game you recognize on there!

~ The Arcen Team
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:17:58 pm by PVega8 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: 2010 Indie Of The Year Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:36:03 pm »
And while you're there, if you fancy rating our game(s), by all means feel free to do that, too! ;)

We really appreciate your votes, as Pablo said!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline snrub_guy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 05:36:25 pm »
Done. Hope you guys do well! More exposure would be great.

Offline Heavens

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 06:20:17 pm »
I registered at the site but didn't cast my vote yet. For me Its AI WAR without thinking about it twice.

The problem is it seems you can vote for Fleet Command OR Zenith Remnant, or both in the first round it would seem, in which round are we exactly?

Doesn't it hurt you if 50% votes were divided between the two? Shouldn't we all vote for Fleet Command, cause its the base game and it will reinforce vote counts for it?

PS: If round one I may as well vote for all 3 (I'm not a big fan of the puzzle genre but you really deserve the exposure for any of your games).

Offline Winter Born

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 06:31:56 pm »
OMG latest AI release 3.1xx they are sooo out of date it is sad

Offline dlcooper

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:44 pm »
I assume the voting is the same as the MODDB voting.  This is the first round and all the voting now is just to see what games go on the top 100 list.  Once the top 100 list is created, you can go back in and vote for one of the games on the top 100 list.  So if you're going to vote, definitely vote for all 3.  If we can get all 3 on the list, then go back in and vote again for just one of them.

Offline Salamander

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 08:03:43 pm »
Voted as a guest as I don't have an account as of yet. I may have to sign up as some of these games look interesting though.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »
I always love Indie of the Year awards. Not only can I give props to Arcen, but I get to see all sorts of awesome games I never would have heard of before.

Offline SRombauts

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 03:56:02 pm »
I did vote for both AI War Fleet Command and The Zenith Remnant, as I own and love those two games since I discovered AI War from the last discount on Steam & Impulse for the 4.0 release (yes, only a few weeks ago!) !

Sorry for Tidalis, I did not try it, so I will note vote for it... perhaps next time.

Edit : more explicit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:57:58 pm by SRombauts »

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 04:38:07 pm »
?
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 12:32:37 pm »
AI War made it into the top 100 Indie Games, everybody needs to vote again now.  You might want to update the main page as such.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 01:03:33 pm »
AI War made it into the top 100 Indie Games, everybody needs to vote again now.  You might want to update the main page as such.

Actually it looks like all three made it to the top 100, which is great! Definitely need an update here to get people voting again.

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 02:35:34 pm »
Done, again.  Tidalis is in the family section, as it seems that I can't vote on the game page. 
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline snrub_guy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 02:41:29 pm »
Done again, and yes, it should be noted, the vote on the game page directs you to the voting area, it is not a vote in itself. Make sure to go to the RTS and family sections of the next page to vote properly.

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 03:11:39 pm »
Yikes, that's a bit tricky. To be clear, you need to go to this page: http://www.indiedb.com/events/2010-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100

For AI War and Zenith Remnant, click on Real Time Strategy under "Released" and then click "vote" next to the games. For Tidalis, click on "Family" under "Released" and then click "vote" next to it. Clicking the vote button on the individual game page does not vote for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk