Author Topic: [Solved 3.013] Cannot change auto AI progress rate?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Buttons840

[Solved 3.013] Cannot change auto AI progress rate?
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »
Every time I begin a new game the auto AI progress is set to 1 every 30 minutes.  I change these options before beginning and no matter what I set them to the AI progresses 1 every 30 minutes.  I've tried setting these to various things; I've tried setting both the rate and amount higher and lower.  Once in game it's back to 1 every 30 minutes no matter what I set.

I'm running Vista 64-bit.  Game was downloaded and installed through Impulse.  This occurs with a fresh install of 3.0.0.0; which has been verified to be a good install by Impulse.  I've also tried downloading the 3.0.0.1 patch, which reports that it was successfully installed, however "3.0.0.0" is still displayed at the top left of the screen.  I have the expansion installed as well.

Otherwise the game works 100% well.  Never crashes, all other settings work properly, and I've never had any conflicts with Vista security.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Cannot change auto AI progress rate?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:56:27 pm »
Every time I begin a new game the auto AI progress is set to 1 every 30 minutes.  I change these options before beginning and no matter what I set them to the AI progresses 1 every 30 minutes.  I've tried setting these to various things; I've tried setting both the rate and amount higher and lower.  Once in game it's back to 1 every 30 minutes no matter what I set.

Thanks for the report -- this will be fixed in our upcoming beta 3.013 release, which should be out in about 15 minutes or so.  You can get it through the updater in the game.  This beta is a pretty safe one to update to, all it really has are a few tweaks and then the bugfixes we are working on, including this one.

I'm running Vista 64-bit.  Game was downloaded and installed through Impulse.  This occurs with a fresh install of 3.0.0.0; which has been verified to be a good install by Impulse.  I've also tried downloading the 3.0.0.1 patch, which reports that it was successfully installed, however "3.0.0.0" is still displayed at the top left of the screen.  I have the expansion installed as well.

The 3.001 was indeed installed correctly -- that was an expansion content update, not a full game update, hence why the version number on the game itself didn't change.  No worries!

Otherwise the game works 100% well.  Never crashes, all other settings work properly, and I've never had any conflicts with Vista security.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Wonderful!  Thanks for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Buttons840

Re: [Solved 3.013] Cannot change auto AI progress rate?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:06:36 pm »
Glad to support one like you who takes pride in his program.

Is there a place I can find a list of known bugs so I can avoid complaining about known issues?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: [Solved 3.013] Cannot change auto AI progress rate?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:07:19 pm »
Many thanks!

And here's the bug reports forum:  http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php/board,58.0.html
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk