Author Topic: Multiplayer Direct Connect Issue - "Duplicate Player Name"  (Read 3381 times)

Offline twinnrova

• Newbie Mark II
Multiplayer Direct Connect Issue - "Duplicate Player Name"
« on: December 08, 2015, 05:17:59 am »
I'm attempting to play AI War cooperatively with a friend for the first time. I've forwarded the port correctly (I think) and gave them the correct IP address to connect. I hosted a new game, and they went to join a multiplayer game and selected to make a direct connection and typed in the IP address. Both me (the host) and my friend (the client) received a message that the connection was rejected due to duplicate player names... I'm confused. We have two different Steam accounts and two different Steam usernames. Help?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Multiplayer Direct Connect Issue - "Duplicate Player Name"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:28:44 pm »
It means your AI War profile names; you can change those from the main menu :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline twinnrova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 01:33:32 pm »
Thank you for the timely reply! I've realized that my AI War profile had been the only profile on that computer, and I had forgotten that AI War saved profiles. I was thinking about Steam profiles. I understand, thank you. I love the game by the way.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:03:26 pm »
Glad to hear you got through the profile name thing, and that you're enjoying the game :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:58:01 pm »
That sort of thing happen when one hands the game's files to someone who didn't bought the game yet. ;)
Good thing AI War is DRM-free, right? This way, you can play with a friend without before he buys the game.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline twinnrova

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:56:48 am »
My friend had just purchased the game and my AI War profile was the only one that had been created on that PC, an easy mistake to make I guess. :)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:44:47 am »
 :D
No problem either way.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk