Author Topic: Continuing a MP game by myself for a while  (Read 1608 times)

Offline XRsyst

• Jr. Member Mark II
Continuing a MP game by myself for a while
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
A friend of mine and I are playing a 2 player game, he'll be gone for a while and I was wondering if it's possible to continue playing the game alone until he returns and then have him join back up later?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Continuing a MP game by myself for a while
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:31:09 pm »
Yes, that should work just fine.  Just load the game, and when it says "waiting for players" press escape to open the in-game menu, then use Manage Players to disable the second player slot.  I think you have to play the player in the first slot, iirc.  But I could be wrong.

And then when you want to play a game (any game) in multiplayer just load it, pause, open the in-game menu and manage players and open the slot and re-sync.  It will then say waiting-for-players and your friend can connect like usual when connecting to an mp game.

Probably want to keep the original save around in case your friend doesn't like what happens ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:35:47 pm »
I believe you can play from any slot, so long as you disable whichever players you don't want to be, and your profile name matches the player you do want to be.  You only have to play with the first slot if your profile name doesn't match, I think.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:36:44 pm »
Oh, so it was the profile name! Ok, makes sense now :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline XRsyst

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:19:24 pm »
That worked!  Thanks for the quick response!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:21:01 pm »
You bet!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk