Author Topic: stuck on a difficulty 5 game with 1200+ AI progress  (Read 1131 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
stuck on a difficulty 5 game with 1200+ AI progress
« on: December 10, 2010, 11:52:14 am »
allright... I decided to be funny and try to capture every single planet on a 80 planet 'snake' map (only one entrance and exit on every planet) and now I'm stuck :D
I managed to get to the 41st planet and destroy the first AI homeplanet.... however, the AI progress has reached the 1200 and he just launched a cross attack. Now there are 3500 enemy ships waiting for me at the next planet (of which about 1500 mk V) and 2500 more in carriers... I gathered my entire fleet at zenith's decendants former homeplanet... which is about 2400 ships in total (mostly mk I, II and III) and 500 more in my hive golem (sadly my cursed golem got destroyed earlier in the game, he could deal some sick dmg). also set up a few hundred turrets, a few dozen minefields near the wormhole, 3 mk II fortresses and 1 mk III fortress and deployed several mk III FF  around my command station.
I've scouted all other planets with my nearly invulnerable mk IV scout and enemy defenses on all other planets are pretty weak... if I would rush my fleet through the enemy planets I could destroy at least another 20 planets and in 14 hops from now there is an AI superterminal. it's just those 6000 ships waiting for me that's gonna be troublesome. when I nuke them I kill about 2000 but then the next planet is alerted and all the mk V ships, starships and carriers come in and kill me. I haven't build all my turrets to it's cap yet, but I doubt that's gonna make much difference at this point. I even went and build mercenary fighters to it's cap (resources are not a problem, but the other merc ships are just to expensive).
I also tried transporting my ships past the enemy.... but most of the transports get destroyed before they even make it to the next wormhole and then the enemy decides to just attack me anyways...

I don't expect I'm going to be able to win this campaign (I'm not that good in AI war yet in the first place), just trying to get as far as possible. any suggestions would be appreciated ^^

Offline PineappleSam

Re: stuck on a difficulty 5 game with 1200+ AI progress
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 11:59:01 am »
Any chance you can upload your current save (found in \ai war fleet command\RuntimeData\Save) so I can take a look?

If the ships waiting on the other side aren't core you could try an EMP warhead then putting your fleet through, but that's all I can come up with for now without seeing what you currently have ;)

Offline Suzera

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:15:44 pm »
Blow up the AI homeworlds at the same time at the end next time instead.

Send in one fighter at a time through the wormhole and they will probably come back in smaller chunks. Keep doing that until you beat them all up.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »
haha unfortunately I saved right before he attacks me :D
strangely enough I seem to be holding out now though... he didn't send all his MK V ships in his attack, just the carriers.
ah well, just take a look at it and see what I might have done to win if it turns out I'm losing it now again.
and yes, I'm aware of the fact that I should destroy both AI home commands at the same time normally. just wanted to capture every planet and see how far I would get. didn't expect to get halfway so mission accomplished I'd say :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk