Author Topic: Speed mods of logistics and Zenith ST manipulators  (Read 1150 times)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Speed mods of logistics and Zenith ST manipulators
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:24:31 am »
I read here and in the wiki that logistics command stations are meant to speed up allied forces and slow down enemies. However, the tooltips themselves say every command station has the ability to "double allied movespeed" (and this is true).

Looking at this briefly @ normal speed, I see that:
logistics I -> static +80 speed
logistics II -> static +120 speed
logstics III -> static +160 speed
Zenith ST -> static +20 speed (boosted by command stations to +40).

Given that ships already receive x2 movespeed in allied wells, the static increase of II above I isn't great, and we're limited to 6 for placement in central nodes.  So it would seem to me that the only real advantage to go past logistic I is the enemy slowing and prevent teleportation.

What kind of slowing do the logistic commands give per mark? Would the advocates of the Green CSes make a coment?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:37:32 am by zharmad »

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
Re: Speed mods of logistics and Zenith ST manipulators
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:39:53 am »
I wouldn't know the exact stats I'm afraid. But since i play with logistics only I do notice a difference between mark I and mark II, both in speeding up your own units and slowing down enemy units. The faster my own ships move and the slower my enemies move, the better (even if it's just a small difference). Pop in some zenith time space manipulators and some gravity turrets and you can take out any threat quickly in your entire empire.
Increasing the effect of mk II and III logistics might be a bit overpowered. I already win most of my games, mostly thanks to this build up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk