Author Topic: Nuclear Disarmament  (Read 4035 times)

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
Re: Nuclear Disarmament
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 08:15:12 pm »
A note, if you want to bomb a wormhole that has a Warhead Interceptor guarding it, what you do is you send the missile through and then as soon[ as it comes through, detonate it. Since the shot takes time to travel, you get like half a second to do it.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 08:21:57 pm »
A note, if you want to bomb a wormhole that has a Warhead Interceptor guarding it, what you do is you send the missile through and then as soon as it comes through, detonate it. Since the shot takes time to travel, you get like half a second to do it.
exactly. I had about a second between giving a missile an order to attack (was hidden by cloaker starship.. in my dyson campaign) and it getting intercepted.. Thankfully, I brought spares...

but yeah.

Bring it to a warhead interceptor, and bring it through the wh cloaked with a starship, and then move it to uncloaked to let it die.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline wyvern83

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 11:10:20 pm »
Nope, warhead interceptors specifically disable the warhead without setting it off. That's the only unit in the game that does that, I should have thought to mention it myself.

Thanks, that is good to know.

Offline AlexV

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 04:24:06 am »
Thanks for the Warhead Interceptor suggestion. If I spot one, I'll keep it in mind! Otherwise I'll continue to carefully transport my stockpile under a cloaker starship.

One point, though - do you still get the AIP increase if the interceptor disables the warhead? If you do, then that's not a lot better a solution than blowing up some unimportant enemy planet - I suppose 20 AIP better for not destroying the station and gate, though.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 08:01:18 am »
The aip increase is only if the warhead detonates, so an interceptor does not cause that, either. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

rubikscube

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 06:39:22 pm »
does the warhead interceptor travel instantly? so if you  DO want to detonate it, you can just detonate it before it's shot hits your nuke

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:59 pm »
It's not instant, no.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

rubikscube

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 06:22:35 pm »
so that means scrap it before it dies ;D also should not give any resource back (idk if this is done or not)

Offline Winter Born

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 12:23:48 am »
so that means scrap it before it dies ;D also should not give any resource back (idk if this is done or not)

If you scrap it it detonates and you get the AIP increase and with nukes you also get system destruction. The OP is looking for a way to get rid of some unwanted nukes he built  w/o detonating or scrapping. Flying them to a warhead interceptor so that the AI can kill them w/o AIP increase or system destruction is the only way to get rid of an unwanted warhead.

Offline Nemo

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 01:43:47 am »
Will you have to avoid letting the AI kill the nukes with their regular fleetships, etc.? Or will the Warhead Interceptor do the job before that happens? Because I've had warheads go off by being shot by regular ships - I had a game where I lost an emp or two because of some waypointing I had overlooked because I randomly heard them explode and noticed a small AIP increase when it happened. Weirdest thing ever, not being able to find them, so I understand why the OP would like to get rid of these safely.

Offline Winter Born

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 10:12:09 am »
Will you have to avoid letting the AI kill the nukes with their regular fleetships, etc.? Or will the Warhead Interceptor do the job before that happens? Because I've had warheads go off by being shot by regular ships - I had a game where I lost an emp or two because of some waypointing I had overlooked because I randomly heard them explode and noticed a small AIP increase when it happened. Weirdest thing ever, not being able to find them, so I understand why the OP would like to get rid of these safely.

May need to clear the WH if it is so heavely defended vrs missle HP that the missle would not last the 1-2 sec for the WH Intercepter shot to arrive. Save scum if not sure :D

rubikscube

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 06:22:28 pm »

If you scrap it it detonates and you get the AIP increase and with nukes you also get system destruction. The OP is looking for a way to get rid of some unwanted nukes he built  w/o detonating or scrapping. Flying them to a warhead interceptor so that the AI can kill them w/o AIP increase or system destruction is the only way to get rid of an unwanted warhead.
nah , i was just off topic to regular games

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk