Author Topic: Long standing bug. Turret caps and turret remains don't add up. (3.169)  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Buttons840

Lets say basic turrets have a cap of 100 for this example.  If I have 90 basic turrets operational, and 10 basic turret remains, then the build turret menu shows I can still build 10 more basic turrets.

I'm not sure what will happen next, but it has to be one of the fallowing:

1) The interface shows I have 10 remaining basic turrets, but I'm not permitted to build them due to the remains.
2) I can build 10 more basic turrets, and then the remains will stay as remains forever.
3) I can build 10 more basic turrets, and then the remains will be rebuilt, and I'll have 110 basic turrets which is higher than the cap.

Whatever happens, it's no good.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Actually, it's secret option #4 that happens: ;)

4. The interface shows you have 10 remaining basic turrets, and you're allowed to build them.  When a remains rebuilder gets to the existing remains that would put you over cap, then it scraps those remains instead, and sends you a little chat message about it.

That way you have the flexibility you need when you need it, but if you're running at cap and accidentally shorting a planet that used to have more turrets, you find out about it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Buttons840

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'd much rather scrap them manually, but it's really not much of a problem to begin with.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Sure thing.

And, well, you can scrap them immediately; but sometimes you're in a huge rush, and you really don't want to have to go find remains (God knows where they are, sometimes) so that you can use the turret cap that should rightfully be yours.  So this method was done as something of a compromise.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk