Author Topic: focus fire  (Read 1140 times)

Offline fiorenzospa

• Jr. Member Mark II
focus fire
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:23:03 pm »
I saw that there is an option in the galaxy controls that enable auto focus fire. This optimize the time to destroy a ship instead of maximizing the overall damage.
Are you using it? Is it worth of?
Thanks..

Offline soMe_RandoM

Re: focus fire
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 02:22:52 am »
i use it allot especially when the enemy has 3 mrk 2 parasite star ships, it works wonders against anything that has an effect like engine damage, or gravity drain. but ineffective against spamming units that are low on health. i have it on most of the time as i find that less ships shooting me best chances for survival. as an ship with 1 health can still deal huge amounts of damage before finally struck again. Math

~1,000 ships with 1% health = max damage or ~10 ships at full health = 1% damage

focus fire on

pros
- ships die faster thus have less time to give off another shot
- as more ships die faster you have more of an advantage over the AI than what you had before
- star ships die faster and targeted by multiple ships instead of steady few

cons
- minimized damage
- over kill
- wasted reload

focus fire off

pros
- no over kill
- maximized damage

cons
- star ships last longer
- last longer thus can kill more of your ships thus causing you maximized damage to decrease

this my experience and can vary from person to person
i find my self i have the wtf why wont u take out starship instead targeting all thoese fighters moments when i watch my fleet, thus i need to tell them target this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:35:44 am by soMe_RandoM »
AI War - even the smallest units can make all the difference no matter how weak they are still quite capable of taking the hits. if it can Kill and receive damage then it worth its time other wise if it cant kill and cant take the damage for the higher surviving ships then it is worthless.

Offline fiorenzospa

• Jr. Member Mark II
Re: focus fire
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 03:52:25 am »
Great explanation mate! Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk