Author Topic: Advice for Ravenous Shadows Nebula Scenario  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Vyndicu

Advice for Ravenous Shadows Nebula Scenario
« on: October 25, 2013, 08:42:03 pm »
I have all 4 destroyer unlocked. I tried to find a nebula that didn't start with this scenario and I had to go behind enemy line to just unlock spire hull.

I have the following small modules unlocked: Needler 2, laser 3, mrls 2, doom acc 2, plasma 1, flak 2

I have the following large module unlocked: missile 3, shield 3, heat beam 2, photon lance 1, slicer 2

I also have 5 unlock points. Which will give more more "bang" for my point by investing in photon lance 3 or plasma 3? I notice that people have said in the past that using spire shadow destroyer is tricky against a moving target (likewise for photon lance). It it worth while to go for more raw dps over plasma despite the beam missing the target?

Offline Bognor

Re: Advice for Ravenous Shadows Nebula Scenario
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 10:19:25 pm »
Given what you've already unlocked, I'd have thought your best bet for this particular scenario would be a Zenith hull with one shield, 3 missiles, and 8 Lasers.

If you do decide to go with Spire, you can temporarily halt all movement of the Ravenous Shadow by placing projected forcefields over an Enclave the Shadow is targetting.  Apart from halting the Shadow, that also makes it repeatedly fire at the same Enclave (saving you and your allies from damage), and may even save the Enclave.

edit: Related to Vyndicu's question, does anyone know how armor interacts with photon lances?  Does the target's armor apply every frame the photon lance does damage?

edit2: If my calculations are correct, these are the DPS values of mark I large modules against a single stationary ultra-heavy target, ignoring armor:
  • Missile: 62,500
  • Plasma Siege: 50,000
  • Photon Lance: 176,000 (!!!)
...which makes me think armor probably applies every frame for photon lances.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:51:38 pm by Bognor »
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline Vyndicu

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:39:40 pm »
Well bad and good news.

I managed to start a 3 vs 2 way that was rofl stomped by my plasma siege cannon modules. I managed to kill two minor starbase and allies was blitzing the otherside. In turn I went back with a cruiser spire armed to the teeth with plasma siege mk 4 and clear out Ravenous Shadows with just one minor starbase lose.

Now for the bad news I think I found a strange bug. For some reason the module filter setting label plasma cannon as "small" module when it should be large I will get a screenshot later on.

Offline Bognor

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:05:23 am »
Yep, already on Mantis at http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=9883.  (I almost mentioned it before, but your first post made me think you already knew.)
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk