Author Topic: Buying the game  (Read 5399 times)

Offline dub

Buying the game
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:11:00 pm »
Do you have to have the full version to play online?

I am interested in playing a campaign with some people.

[~3 hours into the intermediate tutorial, and in love with the game]

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Buying the game
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:14:55 pm »
Hey dub,

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you are getting so into the game.  You can play up to an hour in campaigns with the trial -- multiplayer included. So if you want to try out the co-op with friends using the trial, you definitely can.

An hour is not very long in this game, though, not enough to finish actual campaigns.  So if you like it and want to play more, you will need a full copy of the game.  You can save your game from the trial mode and then load it up in the full version of the game with no problem.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline dub

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:21:41 pm »
Yeh it's a cool game. Good feel to it (clean UI and rollovers on everything and you captured the RTS feel very nicely). Like the music a lot too.

Should I buy from you or one of those internet stores linked on the homepage?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:24:14 pm »
Yeh it's a cool game. Good feel to it (clean UI and rollovers on everything and you captured the RTS feel very nicely). Like the music a lot too.

Thanks!  I really appreciate that.

Should I buy from you or one of those internet stores linked on the homepage?

Wherever you like! Right now it is on sale for 30% off at GamersGate, so if you want the lowest price they are the place to be this weekend.  There's no difference in the game itself regardless of where you get it from.  We get a higher percentage of the sale price when you buy direct from us, but it's no big deal either way. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline dub

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 12:35:52 am »
I've probably spent a few hours now reading your blog. I gotta say man, if there's anyone deserving of my 20 bucks for a game, it's you. You seem very knowledgeable about things like how a business should work and how to relate with customers. You also have the perfect background to be making a game like this.. the intelligence.. the RTS love (specifically co-op, which has always been my favorite as well).. the programming background. A lot of people don't appreciate or even think about how much effort went into making things. I'm not trying to suck your dick or anything... just saying something positive when it's due.

Buying the game right now.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 10:15:09 am »
Thanks, dub -- much appreciated. ;)  I hope you enjoy the game as much as the blog!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 02:50:23 pm »
I've probably spent a few hours now reading your blog. I gotta say man, if there's anyone deserving of my 20 bucks for a game, it's you.

Don't forget to buy 3-27 copies and give the keys out to all your friends and family! :)

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 03:57:46 pm »
I've probably spent a few hours now reading your blog. I gotta say man, if there's anyone deserving of my 20 bucks for a game, it's you.

Don't forget to buy 3-27 copies and give the keys out to all your friends and family! :)

They make great gifts!

Offline JoJoPuppe

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 04:14:52 am »
hey there,

i saw yesterday the trailer of AI War and it looks so cool. i loved SupCom and Homeworld and i thought i have to play this game ;)
is there a chance in the near future to buy the game at steam?

that would be great.

greez

and keep up that amazing work

P.S. integration into gameranger would also be great  ::)

Offline AcidWeb

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 06:05:17 am »
i saw yesterday the trailer of AI War and it looks so cool. i loved SupCom and Homeworld and i thought i have to play this game ;)
is there a chance in the near future to buy the game at steam?

Welcome aboard JoJoPuppe :)

AFAIK AI War will be available on Steam soon. But i can`t say how soon  :)

Offline JoJoPuppe

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 06:26:57 am »
thx man,

ok, so i keep playing the demo until it is available on steam. yeahhhh!!!!

greez

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 06:47:31 am »
Hi, JoJoPuppe. Thanks for your interest. :) As AcidWeb said, AI War is coming to Steam and should be available there within a month. In the event that you can't wait until then, it's currently available from Impulse and GamersGate, as well as directly through the main Arcen Games site.

While mostly speculation and not to be taken as claims that it is indeed happening for AI War (I don't have all that much concrete information on what exactly to expect when the game goes live on Steam), talk elsewhere on the forums indicates that it might be the case that you can add your already-purchased license key to Steam to register the game there. However, don't count on that being the case; I wouldn't want you to buy the game early expecting that to be possible, only to find out it's not.

I'll let you know if I learn more!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 11:21:23 am »
talk elsewhere on the forums indicates that it might be the case that you can add your already-purchased license key to Steam to register the game there.

This is, however, a feature I believe the developer needs to specifically ask for. I do not think it is in any way automatic. I really, REALLY hope Chris asks for it, as I love Steam. (HINT HINT CHRIS!)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 11:24:13 am »
Yep, I'm going to ask for it.  I'm hopefully wrapping up a lot of the Steamworks integration today, and will be talking with them more about those next steps.  Still a lot to be done with our community pages, etc, etc.  A big goal for me is certainly to be able to have AI War players be able to use the game with whatever platform they choose (that is already the case with Impulse), but I don't know what exactly is going to be possible given that we generate our own license keys, rather than using ones that Steam created.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk