Author Topic: The DOOMM!10/10 The Tank/Crafty Spire  (Read 14266 times)

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
The DOOMM!10/10 The Tank/Crafty Spire
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:37:45 am »
So I started the new game today because I was super tired yesterday.

This is the map I'm playing on:

I chose the Electric Shuttles as my bonus ship because I thought they would help me deal with the massive waves like.. 8000 Autocannons  :o Haven't got anything like that yet since I'm at 75 AIP atm. So far it has actually been really easy  ??? .. I'm sure it will get much harder later.

Settings should be the same as the last time.

The 10/10 Neinzul Rocketry Corps has not caused any problems yet. The minimum distance between a Rocket Silo and the player's home planet seems to be 4 hops. Can't wait to taste some of those EMP missiles.

I disabled teleporting ships because I liked the map but not the ships (when you disabled a ship type you will get a new set of ships on different planets)

Here's my plan atm:

I've found 4 golems, 1 Adavanced Research Station and an Advanced Factory. I found the Cursed and Botnet golems in the north east when I still had only my home planet. I used Transport scouting; scouts into transports and you can scout ~2 extra hops. So I started working my way towards the 2 golems but was blocked by an AI Super Fortress. Took a while to destroy that thing.
I already know
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:43:15 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
Re: The DOOMM!10/10 The Tank/Crafty Spire
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:56:02 am »
I will keep this topic updated whatever I lose or win. We'll see what happens! Been quite easy.. too easy.. I think the Hybrids are toying with me or something  :o
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:57:59 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:58:03 am »
I will keep this topic updated whatever I lose or win. We'll see what happens! Been quite easy.. too easy.. I think the Hybrids are toying with me or something  :o
That's the best thing about the Hybrids. You never quite know what the heck they are up to...until it's way too late. And it's driving you insane :P
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »
No teleporting??  Bye-bye Engineer IIIs.  Hope you didn't plan on taking advantage of the repair rate "feature".

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:19:47 pm »
No teleporting??  Bye-bye Engineer IIIs.  Hope you didn't plan on taking advantage of the repair rate "feature".
Good point. Didn't remember Engineer IIIs teleport. But I never unlock them so whatever.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:22:10 pm »
This is getting really annoying.. my turrets don't kill them and tachyon turrets don't seem to detect everything. Are tachyon turrets bugged or what's going on?  >:( AARRRR

EDIT: There were holes in my defenses so they weren't detected. Should be fixed now!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:04:04 pm by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »
What are the 25 cloaked units in that system?  My first guess was you got attacked by mobile cloaking Ion Cannons, but I'm thinking that probably not correct.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:29:56 pm »
What are the 25 cloaked units in that system?  My first guess was you got attacked by mobile cloaking Ion Cannons, but I'm thinking that probably not correct.
Vampire Claws or Spire Stealth Battleships. Didn't check but those I've been getting all the time.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »
Heh.

I assume you are talking about the Vampire Claws? Those have cost me many a command station, many.

I see you've got Laser Turrets up so they should die fast.

The big problem is their speed, at 108 they are fast and because they are Tractor Beam immune only Grav turrets slow them down.

Having said that, last time I ran into them Tachyons worked on them, just because they are so fast they can cross the Tachyons range before the Turrets shots catch up.

D.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:20 pm »
Gravity Turret + Lightning Turrets (4ish should do) make a Command Station immune to Vampire Claws.  Unless they are somehow bugged into perma-stealth.  There was a change to cloaking a patch or two ago regarding tachyon beams and force fields, so maybe there is a bug and tachyon beams don't work under friendly force fields anymore.  Are you getting clearly buggy (perma-cloaked) behavior, or is it just the AI being annoying.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 02:06:40 pm »
so maybe there is a bug and tachyon beams don't work under friendly force fields anymore
The thought occurred to me, but... no.  I don't see how removing a "if (obj.ProtectingForcefield != null) then skip" clause could possibly impact this situation because the enemies never would have considered friendly forcefields as protecting them anyway, and even if they were all that change would have done was make them go from not-uncloakable to uncloakable while they were under your ff.

Is anyone else "seeing" this behavior?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 03:03:08 pm »
Nah.. I think there were just holes in my defenses so they didn't get detected  :(
Should be fixed now!

This setup on friendly wormholes and same without the FF on hostile wormholes. In addition to that now I have Tachyon and Gravity turrets protecting the CCs. Should detect/stop all stealth and raiding ships.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:34:44 pm by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 04:25:35 pm »
Ok I'll abandon this game because Electric Shuttles don't seem to do anything and I need to change my research order.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 04:45:55 pm »
They worked last time I had them.  It didn't happen to be a wave of Missile Frigates, did it?  They are AOE immune and so Electric Shuttles can't hurt them.  Missile Frigates are the bane of my existance.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »
They worked last time I had them.  It didn't happen to be a wave of Missile Frigates, did it?  They are AOE immune and so Electric Shuttles can't hurt them.  Missile Frigates are the bane of my existance.
I always use the Schizophrenic AI Option so waves always have a mix of ships instead of 1 type.
They didn't really fit my play style and I don't think they're good vs 10/10. The waves in 10/10 are so big if your ships go too close they will be destroyed instantly. Or half of them. And Electric Shuttles have a "bad habit" of rushing towards the enemy ships.
I kite the AI ships around the planet with Riot Control SSs and destroy few hundred ships at a time. I think I've tried Electric Shuttles once before.. they're not for me and I think they could use a slight buff.

I prefer long rage ships. Anti Armor, Frigate and Riots are good combo. Or Snipers (instead of Anti Armors). Long range and counters all/most hull types.

Anyway.. I just started a new game. Using Snipers atm and I like this map better. I have better chances of winning now. Been scouting and working on the plan.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk