Author Topic: Fastest loss  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Sir t

• Newbie Mark III
Fastest loss
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:43:07 pm »
So I decide to go up to difficulty 7 on both opponents, and I decide to have them "all bar technologist.

So I stick up a few defenses Deal with a fairly heavy raid and build a fallen spire survery ship. Ok. Find the planet, send a scout, ok world with lots of resources. Ka ching. build up a force, Take first planet with no real problems, but I see a lot of the forces running off to neighboring worlds.

Then I head to take the next planet, a level 3 world. And my entire fleetis grabbed by 4 tractor platforms then proceed to bounce them back and forth between 2 systems. Till all my ships are all dead. And then my world is mobbed by all the level 3 forces from that world and all the forces that ran from world 1. 200+ ships decent on my home station and kaboom

Total time 30 minutes 24 seconds. Ouch.

I was up against "Thief" and "Scorched earth"  :o

I did better in my next try. 43 minutes before I went boom  ;D

I think I'll be doing Easier/moderate opponents in future...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:07:20 am by Sir t »

Offline Weapon Master

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Fastest loss
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:24:26 pm »
Can't be worse than the one seed I had, my homeworld was jammed between 3 Special Forces Posts and the AI starts off with Stealth Battleships, Tractor Platforms, Tele Leeches, and some other random ship that I forget. Against 2 7.3 AIs I lost in about 4 minutes and it would happen the same way each time, 1 minute in leeches would start teleporting through my territory that I was still setting up, at 2 minutes stealth battleships would start coming through and tractor platforms start taking away my ships to other worlds causing more ships to be free'd, then finally at 3 minutes it would be unstoppable and I would lose. (That was one heck of a run-on) I actually did manage to survive the first wave before by just spamming ships and tachyon emitters, but died when I attacked a special forces post with all my ships and got 'stalk attacked'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk