Author Topic: You guys are awesome  (Read 1240 times)

Offline jabrazelle

• Newbie Mark II
You guys are awesome
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:40:18 am »
How do you do it?  It seems like you've been reading/responding to every thread on this forum and putting out multiple fixes for the game at the same time. This just following a what was likely a hectic launch week. Do you guys ever sleep?  :D

I've been a lurker on this forum (AI War also rules!) for about a year or so and just made an account a few days back but feel like you guys are polite and respectful of me and the other newbies as if we've been here forever.  That last sentence also applies to the forum community in general.

Anywho, I just wanted to express my delight at this game and the developers for being so responsive and hard working.  You guys are the best. If I see you guys at PAX again next year, I'll get you a beer. (or maybe you'd just prefer more powerbars!)

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
Re: You guys are awesome
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:12:45 pm »
If I see you guys at PAX again next year, I'll get you a beer. (or maybe you'd just prefer more powerbars!)

Nope! Beer will be fine. ;)

Thanks so much for the kind words, really appreciate them!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »
Thank you :)  When I first came here after playing the AI War demo in June 2009 I was really surprised by what Chris was managing to do.  And this community has really become something pretty special (compared to how people generally treat one another in the wilds of the internet, etc).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:25:37 pm »
As far as I can tell keith, the nicer bits of the internet's forums seem to be related to complex games, since the only other forum 'sides here I'd really consider nice to be in most of the time is the lower non-dwarf fortress parts of the Bay12 forums.

Offline Ontogenesis

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »
I'll also add I've been really impressed with the devs activity on the forum too.
I've been meaning to try AI War for ages, might get round to it one of these days....

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:09 pm »
I've been meaning to try AI War for ages, might get round to it one of these days....
I'm sure the AI will be happy to see you, its getting hungry ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 04:24:59 am »
I'll also add I've been really impressed with the devs activity on the forum too.

Onto... AI War is a gem of the internet.  It's not to everyone's taste the same way some girls can't wear sapphires.  However, even if it doesn't look good to you, it's one of those beautifully polished gems that you can't help but admire even from afar.

Check it.  The demo alone is worth the time (and it's FREE!!!!).  When you realize the value of the people behind it still being involved in the polishing...

... it's worth more than ANY $60 game I bought from any major publisher.  Seriously.  Screw Bioware, give me Arcen. (Pssst... I love most Bioware products, to give you an idea. :) I'd say all.. but... Joker running away....)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:18:59 am by Wanderer »
... and then we'll have cake.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk