Author Topic: Valley 2 - Farms  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Xanirus

• Newbie Mark III
Valley 2 - Farms
« on: February 22, 2013, 04:19:49 am »
I seem to be at an impasse.  (Literally, not in-game  :P)  My farm has recently been destroyed, and I don't see any other way of rebuilding it or building another one somewhere.  The only tiles that seem suitable for farming is the one type of tile, of which there is only one of in the entire map.  (Of the tutorial at least, I haven't played a normal game yet, nor haven't played far enough to see Demonica release, I kept restarting trying to learn the game.)  I do have a lot of resistance members and a surplus of food, but I doubt they can scavenge enough food for very long.  Am I stuck?

I think the problem too is that despite the randomization, the farm tile in the tutorial will always be three tiles close to Demonica's castle, a bit close for a first time game.

Offline Panopticon

Re: Valley 2 - Farms
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:52:51 am »
Look for an Ocean Shallows tile with a building on it, you can build a Covered Farm on it. Also there are wooded tiles with trees on them, you can scavenge 20 food a turn on those. And there are a couple of other tiles that have decent scavenging numbers.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:07:42 am »
You can also build farms on the ice age buildings tiles once you get to there. But in the early game it's ocean shallows, yeah. Once you have a good stockpile of food, you can subsist on scavenging alone for a long while until you get more distant farms up. None of your main farms, especially that first one, are really meant to last all that long -- but no worries, the game is balanced around that if you get up even just one other farm relatively early in the game.

Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Xanirus

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:37 pm »
Thanks, I'll try this out.

Offline Winge

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »
Also note that if you have a survivor on a Desert Salvage Yard (or w/e it's called), your scavenging yields are doubled.  That means that the aforementioned food tiles give 40 per turn per survivor, which is quite a bit for not having a farm.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk