Author Topic: (Valley 1) Un-suit-able  (Read 2244 times)

Damage

(Valley 1) Un-suit-able
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:19:00 am »
I've been playing AVWW since pretty much the day it was released. I've racked up goodness-knows how many hours of playtime (I can't find a way to show in-game stats), I'm just about to clear my third continent (bearing in mind I started play when it took a hell of a lot longer to progress then it does now), I've had the entire game completely redesigned underneath me  - more than once - and still, still...

...still I can't find the bloody Advanced Heatsuit. You'd think after nearly 12 months of play it might turn up, but noooo....

My settlement has giant sailing ships and lighthouses, my squad of survivors all want to marry me from the numerous rings I've gifted them (though they still refuse to do suicide runs against a supercharged overlord), I've got every enchant, spell variant and craft item imaginable, I've done almost all of the unlockables (only the "20 umbra vortex" / "20 journey to perfection" / etc left, and they're really, really meh goals) and still, still... nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if the fabled thing even exists, after just now rapidly clearing half a dozen surface buildings in Lava Flats I'm well and truly stocked on "entertaining novels", Magma and Skill Books but nary a fancy heat suit. Not a one.

Maybe I can send off for one. Five Lieutenant Scalps and £1 for Postage & Packing, delivered to my settlement by a Utahraptor in a postman's cap.

It's not asking too much, is it?

Damage

Re: (Valley 1) Un-suit-able
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:52:20 pm »
Wow, 55 views and not one of you could be bothered to reply.

With a usergroup like this it's no wonder the sequel sucks so badly, or why Google searches barely even know Valley 2 exists.

Thanks for nothing. I'm outta here.

P.S. Here's your chance for some indignant fan ranting, now that it's far, far too late.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:38 pm »
If that's how you react to not getting a response in 9 hours, well, we won't miss you :)

FWIW, I did see the question, but didn't know the answer, and figured someone else who knew could answer.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:20:10 pm »
Sorry for the no answer, I'm like a noob at this game, and keep dying, though still having fun all the while. Don't know what to tell you about Heat suits though. I've found ice suits in the store. Shouldn't there be a heat suit you can buy there as well? And then tweak its stats with enchants?

Anyway, both AVWW1 and now 2 are cool. Certainly different from one another.  :)  Maybe downstream, maybe like end of this year AVWW 3, smaller and different even than 1 or 2 could be made... lets see... 1 is good guys building settlement with help of Illari to reshape and save the world. 2 is... pose as badguy and get the life saving jewel and then build up your forces and expertise and then take out the badguys!

3 could be... son or daughter could find a discarded, oblivion crystal in the ruins of an old crumbled deserted castle... and is slowly (or quickly...) corrupted and begins to change, becoming over time... more and more like Demonica... and setting out to conquer each area, overcoming the armies and beasts there to place the wind towers that corrupt the land further, strengthening our (villan?) as each new corrupted tile is added to the map...

Of course in the end, our corrupted son or daughter has to face the current holder of the illari stone... to conquer the complete map.
:)

Just a silly, but interesting thought...
:)

-Teal

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:29:04 pm »
Yeah I had no idea where the suit was myself. I never found it really worthwhile enough to go hunt one down.

Offline Winge

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:08:14 pm »
The only difference with the Advanced Heatsuit I ever noticed was that you no longer had to carry the other two (it works as a Cold Suit and Heat Suit).  I'm not 100% sure where I found it--I want to say I just happened to get it while doing a lava escape mission (from the box right at the entrance).  However, it's been a while since I've even played AVWW1 (which is probably why those '55 views' didn't respond...).
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:06 pm »
Wow, 55 views and not one of you could be bothered to reply.

With a usergroup like this it's no wonder the sequel sucks so badly, or why Google searches barely even know Valley 2 exists.

Thanks for nothing. I'm outta here.

P.S. Here's your chance for some indignant fan ranting, now that it's far, far too late.

Perhaps out of those views no one knew the answer? That was the category I was in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk