Author Topic: Q & A  (Read 163530 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Q & A
« Reply #450 on: October 22, 2011, 11:48:03 am »
When are those wandering mobs going to learn that when they oppose my iron determination they will be shown no mercy?

It's like they want to ripped in half by my energy pulse.
Maybe they get points for dying ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #451 on: October 22, 2011, 02:56:38 pm »
Q : What's the formula to craft the Storm Rush spell? ::) I can't find it while going through all the different type of gems I've got. ??? Does it need a special type of gem I haven't found yet? (level 26 here)

Citrine - Cherry - Magma.

Offline Commiesalami

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #452 on: October 22, 2011, 03:21:09 pm »
Q : What's the formula to craft the Storm Rush spell? ::) I can't find it while going through all the different type of gems I've got. ??? Does it need a special type of gem I haven't found yet? (level 26 here)

Citrine - Cherry - Magma.

Quick Question about the crafting system:  Would crafting Citrine - Magma -  Cherry result in the same product?  Logically yes, but computers and programing dont respond to logic very well sometimes.

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #453 on: October 22, 2011, 03:28:01 pm »
As it happens, you can't combine magma with raw citrine, only if there's a cherry in the mix.

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #454 on: October 22, 2011, 03:44:49 pm »
computers and programing dont respond to logic very well sometimes.

Wait, what?  I wasn't aware they responded at all to anything else.  Now they finally tell me after all these years that I've been doing my job wrong this whole time.  Maybe I should try talking to it about its feelings next time.  Heh.

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #455 on: October 22, 2011, 05:07:17 pm »
How many tiles high are the large boss skelebots?

I'm making another boss map but the large boss skelebots end up spawning in a tight space which makes it hard to fight them and makes it hard for them to be very effective. So I'm trying to close in the space height wise.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:09:37 pm by Dizzard »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #456 on: October 22, 2011, 05:08:20 pm »
Quick Question about the crafting system:  Would crafting Citrine - Magma -  Cherry result in the same product?
Order matters, they would be separate recipes.

Logically yes, but computers and programing dont respond to logic very well sometimes.
If you don't think computer logic generally cares about the order of operands, try that with "0 / 1" and "1 / 0" :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline pierre dupon

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2011, 06:39:26 pm »
Q: How does the world get revealed these days? It used to be you walked around the perimeter of the world and new tiles would appear but now it seems to expand randomly. I gained 2-3 civ levels recently with no noticeable change in the map.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #458 on: October 23, 2011, 09:11:34 pm »
Q: How does the world get revealed these days? It used to be you walked around the perimeter of the world and new tiles would appear but now it seems to expand randomly. I gained 2-3 civ levels recently with no noticeable change in the map.

Basically, it reveals automatically every time you gain a level. You won't notice the new regions while on the map, but, after you gain a level and go back to the map, you will see the new regions that are now 10 levels higher than you.

Offline pierre dupon

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2011, 02:15:31 am »

Basically, it reveals automatically every time you gain a level. You won't notice the new regions while on the map, but, after you gain a level and go back to the map, you will see the new regions that are now 10 levels higher than you.

Really? Then how come I'm seeing level 60+ regions at level 29?
Mantis?

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2011, 03:00:41 am »
Really? Then how come I'm seeing level 60+ regions at level 29?
Mantis?

When did you create your world? Before or after version 0.520?

If you created it before version 0.520, with that update to the world gen, all generated but hidden tiles were revealed. In my world, I have regions over level 200 because of this.

Offline pierre dupon

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2011, 06:10:30 am »
I've had that world since 0.500 so that'd explain it. I guess I won't see any new tiles till level 50 or so then...

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2011, 07:21:14 am »
I've had that world since 0.500 so that'd explain it. I guess I won't see any new tiles till level 50 or so then...

Yep, that's correct.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2011, 09:42:36 am »
How many tiles high are the large boss skelebots?

I'm making another boss map but the large boss skelebots end up spawning in a tight space which makes it hard to fight them and makes it hard for them to be very effective. So I'm trying to close in the space height wise.

Generally speaking, to have enough room for all the various bosses, you need at least one 8x8 section.  The skelebots are thinner than that, but that's how tall they are.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kronic

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2011, 01:59:55 pm »
So, what's the best course of action if you have a coastal settlement and some rampaging monsters are sitting in the 5 levels higher than me ocean tile beside it? >.<

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk