Author Topic: Q & A  (Read 163518 times)

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: Q & A
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2011, 11:45:42 pm »
Question

1) Is is normal that when i mash both mouse buttons the same time, i can cast 2 spells at once? ;P Its awesome, my DPS increased by 100% ;P (stone + energy wave)

2) What do i do with other settlements? And where do i get new people for my own (currently it ain't exactly growing, with 3 people ,p)
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline GabrielKronos

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2011, 11:50:44 pm »
I was an alpha tester, that's how I know that two bat bosses should spawn at a time.
Any idea WHY there are two them? It seems like that's not normal for a boss encounter? It makes it very, very difficult and frustrating.

Might have helped if I quoted the right part of the log.
    * Put in something where the amount of EXP granted from killing a boss can now be set to a percentage of the normal amount per boss.
          o The giant shadow bats now grant 50% the EXP of other bosses.

* Put in some logic where now multiple copies of a boss can be seeded in miniboss situations.
          o The giant shadow bats now spawn 2 of themselves rather than 1.

The shadow bats are weaker than regular minibosses so they give half the exp that a normal one does so two of them spawn.

Also, I was actually able to beat them with the world file you put on mantis. It took a couple of potions and a lot of jumping around to avoid them. You can try to target them off screen while running away from them by using the location of their health bars to aim.

I've also been able to defeat them without problems, but yeah, they're annoying if u got cornered, because 1 of them will surely suck (literally) ur life for it.

About the drain transfer %, couldn't it be a little less? Like 85-90% drain instead of 100%?

EDIT: Q. Is there some kind of limit for the regions that shows up? (the only regions I can truly see and explore are lvl 10 maximum, as it is.) If so, is it tied to an Overlord influence?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:53:15 pm by GabrielKronos »

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2011, 11:52:19 pm »
1) Is is normal that when i mash both mouse buttons the same time, i can cast 2 spells at once? ;P Its awesome, my DPS increased by 100% ;P (stone + energy wave)

No, this is a bug and is currently on mantis but has yet to be resolved.

2) What do i do with other settlements? And where do i get new people for my own (currently it ain't exactly growing, with 3 people ,p)

Well, you do what you do with the first settlement, build stuff, use the npcs to scout, ect.... TO get more people into settlements, you have to find lone npcs in regions. You can find them at potential windshelter sites and inside of caves with neutral illari stones in them. Once you have been in the same place with these npcs, and that region is fully scouted, you can use a npc in a settlement to migrate one of these lone npcs back to the settlement for 25 shards.

Offline BobJustBob

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »
Q. Is there some kind of limit for the regions that shows up? (the only regions I can truly see and explore are lvl 10 maximum, as it is.) If so, is it tied to an Overlord influence?

I'm seeing this too. I'm up to civ level 8 and I've explored the world map as far as I can and the highest level region is 10.

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 12:08:12 am »
Q. Is there some kind of limit for the regions that shows up? (the only regions I can truly see and explore are lvl 10 maximum, as it is.) If so, is it tied to an Overlord influence?

I'm seeing this too. I'm up to civ level 8 and I've explored the world map as far as I can and the highest level region is 10.

That is definitely a bug, in that case, because it's supposed to be civ+10, not zero+10.  That must be new, because last time I played (not sure which version that was, but not the beta), I was getting proper +10 behavior out of it.

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 12:10:06 am »

Perhaps the areas that surround all of your already revealed tiles are actually 19+ in level, or perhaps it is a bug.

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 12:14:32 am »
I'm up to civ level 8 and I've explored the world map as far as I can and the highest level region is 10.

Perhaps the areas that surround all of your already revealed tiles are actually 19+ in level, or perhaps it is a bug.

If the regions surrounding the ones that are already revealed on the map jump suddenly from 10 to 19+, then there's an equally big bug in whatever's responsible for seeding them.  Heh.

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 12:17:37 am »
I'm up to civ level 8 and I've explored the world map as far as I can and the highest level region is 10.

If the regions surrounding the ones that are already revealed on the map jump suddenly from 10 to 19+, then there's an equally big bug in whatever's responsible for seeding them.  Heh.

In my world I have level 2 regions next to level 17 regions and level 31 regions next to level 22 regions. The world generation really is random. Although being surrounded by level 19 regions near the beginning would be kind of cruel.

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2011, 12:21:10 am »
In my world I have level 2 regions next to level 17 regions and level 31 regions next to level 22 regions. The world generation really is random. Although being surrounded by level 19 regions near the beginning would be kind of cruel.

Yeah, it is fairly random and mixes things together like that, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that it has sanity checks to make sure that it doesn't do things like completely box people in like that, or at least it's not supposed to be able to as far as I understand it, and I haven't seen that happen with mine.

Edit: Also, multiple people specifically having it get stuck at exactly level 10 is suspicious...

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2011, 12:36:10 am »
I can confirm this level 10 issue, i see NO other levels besides 10 and lower.

And i think its because i created this game with a trial and then converted it to full while in-game.. just guessing ;)

Heres the World Save - if you load it you see level 10- everywhere ^^
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:42:39 am by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline BobJustBob

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2011, 12:56:22 am »
I found an area I hadn't explored yet on the other side of a single ocean tile. I uncovered twenty or more new map squares, all level 10. I took a look at my world.dat file which appears to contain a list of regions and their levels, and it seems that all the region levels are 1-10 or 20+. There are regions with levels over 10 but none with levels 11-19.

Edit: If that is what the final number means in the rows with region names, I see the same thing in eRe4s3r's world. No regions with levels 11-19.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:59:22 am by BobJustBob »

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2011, 01:02:34 am »
Good point, I realized that I also appear to have tiles of 1 - 10 and that's it.

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2011, 01:05:54 am »
Someone should probably post this on mantis with a save seeing as there may be a bug with the map generation.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2011, 02:35:34 am »
Someone should probably post this on mantis with a save seeing as there may be a bug with the map generation.
It sounds nasty.. and I can confirm it.
I actually assumed it was by design since I have quite large amount of area already available.

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2011, 02:39:26 am »
It sounds nasty.. and I can confirm it.
I actually assumed it was by design since I have quite large amount of area already available.

You have no idea what big is, although my crazy world is the reason worlds should be smaller now.

Anyway, even if you have a large area, I still think there should be more regions opening up like 11+ as you gain civ levels. It seems like there may be a bug that is causing high level areas to be seeded near the start of a world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk