Author Topic: How to go back to 1.000 from 1.004  (Read 956 times)

Offline Wanakilo

How to go back to 1.000 from 1.004
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:38:10 am »
After updating to 1.004 from 1.000, I've noticed my spell range has been seriously gimped. Now, I would have no problem with this, if the enemies range was also scaled, because currently, where they can hit me off-screen, I can't even fire half away across my screen. Once I noticed this, I started looking for a way in the settings menu to revert back to 1.000, but couldn't find anything. The only thing I can think of now is reinstalling the game. Also, I'm using Steam, if that matters.

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
Re: How to go back to 1.000 from 1.004
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:51:13 am »
I wouldn't know anything about steam, but a reinstall would take you back to the release version, so that's probably the easiest method.

Offline Quaix

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 02:55:55 am »
Backup your settings and world files and delete the game. Steam should redownload it.

I really hate the range nerf as well. Enemies have no trouble hitting me from *three* screens away, but I can barely shoot over half a screen.
Also Earth Rage got nerfed, making it useless. I liked it because it was a nice mana dump spell. Its damage per mana wasn't as good and it was slow, but it was good for quick attacks.

Oh well, back to the good old noob setup of energy orb and lightning ball. It's like those are the only two spells the game wants us to use, because the rest are sub-par.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:12:19 am »
Ranges were upped a bit in 1.005 but until the next official release everything after 1.000 is a beta version and there can be instability or "this is our first attempt at fixing design issue XYZ" stuff that can change very rapidly and you may not want to ride that rollercoaster.

To revert, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall and that will put you back at version 1.000 (or whatever the latest steam official release is).  Worlds from later versions will not generally work on earlier versions, though; it's a good idea to backup a world before loading it in a new version but of course that doesn't preserve progress made after the upgrade, etc.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk