Author Topic: [FILLED] Looking for artist(s) to develop new style for A Valley Without Wind.  (Read 143357 times)

Offline Brise Bonbons

• Newbie Mark III
Do you mean the other way around? The second one looks super exaggerated to me (and looks totally off as a result).

Edit to fix bracket and to add: I'm not sure if I've ever posted this, but one of the things I think is really cool about AVWW is how I can play an awesome female character, and I do that exclusively. I'd be pretty disappointed if they got turned into fanservicey things like the second picture there.

In the first image, her head makes up like 1/5 her total height, making her proportions very childlike, which is what I was referring to. You are correct in that the second image is also quite exaggerated; I wasn't being specific enough.

AVWW's current character art features people with natural adult proportions, which I totally agree is a wonderful thing. I much prefer it to crazy fanservice women with giant bosoms. I just don't know if the proportions of the first image really match AVWW, since they are so youthful.

And to be extra clear, looking at something like Braid, obviously you can have these cute/youthful proportions and still have a serious, mature tone; I'm not saying they're bad or immature or less serious inherently. Just pointing out that AVWW's current character art focuses on naturally proportioned adults.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
New Image by H is very nice ;) Green hair ftw.. now that is a, instant like from me.. apart from the head-shape, but there is not many pixels to work with so not much to do about that
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
Regarding the new images from H that were just posted:

Looking fairly nice, although the character is pretty odd. Her face seems to be a skeleton or something. Also, the buildings in the background seem to be more along the lines of Ancient Rome, but that might just be me. I prefer the style more along the lines of the previous landscapes by H or K.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
Congrats guys, especially on being able to redo it without the Kickstarter. Can't wait to see the new art rolling out.

Speaking of which, what kind of timeframe is this (obviously, I'm not asking for an ETA or anything). I don't know anything about art production... is this like a year, 6 months, 3 months?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
November! Or thereabouts. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk