Author Topic: AVWW Official Hotfix 1.103 Released!  (Read 5032 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AVWW Official Hotfix 1.103 Released!
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:17:22 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2012/06/avww-official-hotfix-1103-released.html

This one adds a couple of last little tweaks in to the fixes we already had in 1.102 yesterday, and now this is our hotfix version -- essentially we felt a couple of these changes were important enough to go out to all customers immediately rather than waiting until the official version of  1.2 comes out in a few weeks.

Internally we've been working on 1.2 behind the scenes now that that has been all mapped out, and we should have some post-release betas of that to share with you hopefully this week, but early next week at the latest.  We're excited about how this next evolution of the game is shaping up!

More to come soon.  Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the in-game updater itself, if you already have 0.500 or later. When you launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.  If you don't have 0.500 or later, you can download that here.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: AVWW Official Hotfix 1.103 Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:16:57 pm »
Woa. Just saw some of the notes for 1.104.
Per your request, I'll hold off on the questions until you finish those sections (and instead torture my F5 key), but it is looking pretty neat so far.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:21:08 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:25:04 pm »
Yeah, probably we won't be able to release that stuff until sometime tomorrow, because it's such heavy surgery that we have to have it all done before the next version comes out.  But I think we're neatly addressing a lot of the largest complaints about the game feeling too treadmill-like, etc.  And the annoyance factor at losing your spells at a new continent, etc (that whole "New Game +" argument really didn't go over as well as hoped).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »
Yeah, probably we won't be able to release that stuff until sometime tomorrow, because it's such heavy surgery that we have to have it all done before the next version comes out.  But I think we're neatly addressing a lot of the largest complaints about the game feeling too treadmill-like, etc.  And the annoyance factor at losing your spells at a new continent, etc (that whole "New Game +" argument really didn't go over as well as hoped).

Yea, I can see the whole new New Game + thing not really working with people. Many modern day New Game + implementations, especially ones in plaformers/action games with RPG elements, give new game + with all your levels and everything you unlocked and stuff like that still intact (with precautions to ensure that sequence breaking all of new game + isn't possible)

Offline freeformschooler

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »
The sweeping changes coming up sound wonderful. I wait expectantly for the release.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:55:04 pm »
Oh good, just saw the thing about crafting. I was afraid that crafting for spells was going away for a moment there, but it looks like it is staying, even though it now faces competition from missions.

Anyways, cool stuff. Really helps take care of some of the points of confusion.

I'm also anxious to see the ability bar (and possibly ability invocation system) revamps are like. The lack of some advanced customability for methods of ability invocation has been a moderately common UI complaint for quite some time now. (Wow, that was an overly complicated sentence)

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:40 pm »
You know Chris, you might wear out the phrase 'sweeping changes' if you keep having so many. :P
AVWW is getting more or less better everytime you do though, so I'm not going to be the one to complain about them!

Offline Penumbra

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:56:55 pm »
Man, we can't ask questions? Fine, fine  ;)

Those notes just get more and more exciting!

Offline LayZboy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 05:37:23 pm »
I saw the thing in multiplayer about people not sharing resources anymore.

I am like "What is this shit?".

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »
I saw the thing in multiplayer about people not sharing resources anymore.

I am like "What is this shit?".

Hence the "please no questions just yet." The new system for mp is slightly better for mp than the old one (which was already pretty darn good) and quite a bit clearer. It's just not fully explained yet since we are documenting the features as we implement them (with some time lag until today, when I caught the notes up with prior work). Should hopefully be done tomorrow, and I think if you play mp you'll be pleased. Or solo for that matter.

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »
Ooooh, a change to MP? I'm listening.  :P

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »

Well, it's nothing substantial on the surface, mostly under the hood stuff -- just adjusting how players get resources and the manner in which ninja loot stealing doesn't happen (it didn't happen before, and won't happen now).

All in all our various changes will continue to make players more unique compared to one another, though, which is always a good thing in my book.

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »

Well, it's nothing substantial on the surface, mostly under the hood stuff -- just adjusting how players get resources and the manner in which ninja loot stealing doesn't happen (it didn't happen before, and won't happen now).

All in all our various changes will continue to make players more unique compared to one another, though, which is always a good thing in my book.

Yeah, but even the smallest changes can make an impact, like LayZBoy's small outburst on here and when I told him about it on Skype shows. Overall, i'm looking forward to the small tweaking to Multiplayer since you sound confident it will be a bit better now. Maybe it will even promote advantages to fighting alongside eachother to get resources rather than seperate tasks (Single Player game in a Co-Op Universe sorta thing).

Offline BenMiff

• Map Maker Mk V
  • Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:02:19 pm »
It all looks very interesting and I am looking forward to it; the only niggle I have at the moment is making guardian scrolls secret mission exclusive means that building up the settlement is going to be grindy in terms of trying to find all the buildings (and not finding what you need), but hopefully it's a case of it'll-be-better-when-you-see-it or there's something planned that hasn't been declared yet to solve it.

The rest though? All looks very exciting.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 12:41:52 am »
This all sounds very, very interesting.

In particular I like the idea of arcane whatsits being found in stashes;  it's much more interesting (at least to me) to have to not only enter the proper region type for an arcane item, but to also have to EXPLORE it a bit to get said item, as opposed to just going in the mission door which is often just a few steps away.

That is, IF it balances out correctly with the "missions giving spells" bit.  Hoping there'll be good incentive to craft spells, versus just doing easy missions like Boss Delves or Stealth types, and grabbing all spells super-fast.   The rarity orbs sound like they might do the trick for this though, but.....  I wonder how it'll balance specifically with the way the game loves to UTTERLY DRENCH the worldmap in missions.   Though that might be me overthinking things.

It sounds like, overall, this one is going to give ALOT more reason to explore in a general sense.   Quite alot, actually.

I'd been wondering what you guys were up to regarding the next patch, and this really sounds absolutely spectacular.

Exploring buildings and caves, I've always found fun and challenging..... but they're way MORE fun if I have actual goals in mind for the specific places I'm going into (as opposed to usually just searching for granite and..... granite).

I wonder what Seek Resources scrolls will do now?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk