Author Topic: AVWW Beta 0.531, "Glyph Transplants and Abandoned Settlements," Released!  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Hyfrydle

Re: AVWW Beta 0.531, "Glyph Transplants and Abandoned Settlements," Released!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »
Will we be able to reuse or dispose of lower tier commodities, scrolls, potions and spells soon. If not somewhere to store them like a chest would help keep the inventory clutter free.

Or maybe if this isn't going to happen soon lower tier gear which is now no use could be hatched in the inventory so it can be spotted easily

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 03:26:49 pm »
Not planning on the disposal stuff anytime soon, although it is planned for pre-1.0.  There's just other more pressing things.

You can drop the items out of your inventory, though, and if they fall on each other they all go into a single bag.

In terms of the lower-tier gear, that's already showing up with colored backgrounds to make it obvious which ones are older, etc.  I can't remember if commodities also do that, but I think so.  Anything with a big red background is old.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 03:27:51 pm »
(Ninja! But still relevant...)

I'm advocating a way to sell your old stuff for a pittance of shards, mostly so that we have an officially sanctioned and tidy way of disposing of things, rather than for the purpose of actually making money.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=4994

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 03:30:14 pm »
That's a good idea as a simple way of handling that -- I've added it to my shorter-term list by marking it as a major problem.  Probably something for next week, we'll see.  Right now I'm finally elbow-deep into the intro mission, and I'm hoping to get that knocked out all in one big go the next couple of days.  We'll see -- but that's why the release notes list is looking really empty today. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 07:31:36 pm »
About the Glyph transfer thing... is it possible to rename our character? Just a thought.. Or can we do that now and i didn't know it? Sorry for the noob question, I'm at level 10 now, but have been staying pretty close to home and trying to get the hang of increasing the size of the settlement. 

:)

-Teal

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32:27 pm »
It's certainly possible to rename an NPC, then become that NPC...

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 09:16:53 pm »
:)   Wonderful!!   ThANK You!!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 12:52:10 am »
Just a quick question, is there a way to quickly or temporarily off-load the things i pickup in the caves and things?

I got rather carried away and have about 8 rows of trees and furniture and bushes and things i intended to plant back at the settlement.  :)   Though some stuff doesn't seem to want to grow back.

Which makes me think that maybe i need to find more grow gems, or perhaps they only grow in their own environments?

-Teal

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 02:10:59 pm »
There's not a way to quickly send stuff back to the settlement, but you can drop stuff out of your inventory at any time.

In terms of the actual stuff not growing back, it won't grow back if there's not room.  Each type of object exists in its own collision plane, and if there's not space for it in that collision plane when you try to put it in your settlement, it won't fit.

Hope that helps!

Offline wyvern83

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »
wait .. I know you can steal objects from regions to bring back to your settlement but can you take furniture you find and use it on the strategic map as part of the level 3 housing upgrade?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 02:44:00 pm »
No, it's decorative only.

Offline wyvern83

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »
oh well, it's probably for the best though.

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 06:14:11 pm »
One consistent theme from what we were talking about today is that the concept of a multiverse is really getting increasingly central to this game.  The idea of a string-theory-type multiverse has always been one of the founding ideas of the AVWW mythos, but it's been a much more subtle thing up until now.

It's why all the instance of the world are called Environ, for instance, but each one is completely different in the details.  Each one exists in a separate universe.

Not to be pedantic, but...who am I kidding?  Solely for the sake of being pedantic, I do believe you really mean quantum mechanical instead.  Many-worlds is compatible with string theory, but other than not ruling it out, string theory itself is not concerned with it.

How did I end up talking about theoretical physics in relation to AVWW instead of AI War?  I didn't see that one coming...

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 07:07:08 pm »
Fair enough. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk