Author Topic: AVWW Beta 0.525, "Rushing Minis," Released!  (Read 5279 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AVWW Beta 0.525, "Rushing Minis," Released!
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2011/10/avww-beta-0525-rushing-minis-released.html

This one is again a shorter release notes, and again there's some... extra something in this release not noted.  But this time, pretty well everyone should find that extra stuff because it's so darn pervasive in most any building now.

The two big things in this release, aside from the various tweaks and the "extra something," are a change to make the Miniature spell a toggle-based spell (go small, go back at your leisure), and a new Storm Rush spell.

The Storm Rush is basically just Storm Dash except sustained and draining your mana over time.  This again is something you can toggle on and off, and it's really ideal for being able to run over great distances very fast.  It's more Sonic than Mega Man if you want to make comparisons.  We implemented this as a second spell because both spells are useful and this way players can customize how they play.  That's going to be the general philosophy with this game.

More to come Monday.  Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the in-game updater itself, if you already have 0.500 or later. When you launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.  If you don't have 0.500 or later, you can download that here.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline c4sc4

Re: AVWW Beta 0.525, "Rushing Minis," Released!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:51:48 pm »
So what happens if I have both storm dash and storm rush spells and I double tap left or right? Which one will activate?

Offline Itchykobu

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »
I bet that's how Environ shattered in the first place.  :o

Offline JedTheHumanoid

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:11:32 pm »
So what happens if I have both storm dash and storm rush spells and I double tap left or right? Which one will activate?

Then I'll see you at The Restaurant at the End of The Universe.   :)
"A luv you penny!"

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:26:51 pm »
Whichever one is "first" in your inventory. GenerLly meaning leftmost and on the row closest to your original ability bar row. If you don't like which one executes, easiest thing is just to switch their order.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 05:36:51 am »
when you start the game characters start with a snowsuit suitable upto level 15 regions. It is not possible as far as I can tell to remove this starter snowsuit. What do I need to craft a higher tier suit?

Just entered a level 36 ice age region at level 34 and I'm not taking any damage is this correct?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:41:59 am by Hyfrydle »

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 06:12:21 am »
I'm a little bit confused about crafting higher tier suits too...

The quartz rocks don't seem to have any tier level. Oh well I'll just figure it out.

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:21:40 am »
Glad I'm not the only one I just crafted a snowsuit and it only gives protection to region level 15 so nu use to me at level 37. Sure soneone will work it out.

Offline Rekka

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:46:56 am »
Finally found the "extra something". :D Also interested by the snowsuit question as I can't find a way to craft better ones too. :'(

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:55:45 am »
Still not found the secret something unless it's the small steps in the building which I don't remember from before.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 08:17:33 am »
Still not found the secret something unless it's the small steps in the building which I don't remember from before.

Not the small steps, though, it is in buildings. Right now, its mostly in the grasslands/rural buildings, but most areas indeed have SOME of it. :-)

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 09:13:19 am »
All I got was an error message about picnic tables.

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 12:15:42 pm »
Huh, yeah all of the ingredients for snow/heatsuits are tierless; iron ore, magma and quartz rock. How do we make higher tier suits?

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 12:35:35 pm »
All I got was an error message about picnic tables.

Yeah, we'll have to look at that one, you weren't supposed to get an error about it. ;-)

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 12:59:07 pm »
Huh, yeah all of the ingredients for snow/heatsuits are tierless; iron ore, magma and quartz rock. How do we make higher tier suits?

Obviously revert to whatever ridiculously old 0.40x/0.41x version it was that still had them as tiered items, despite the different tiers not being any different from each other.  I mean, duh.  Heh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk