Author Topic: Signup thread for beta (any wave, not specifically the next one)  (Read 100658 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Signup thread for beta (any wave, not specifically the next one)
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »
Recently bought the Last Federation on a steam sale and I love it.  I'd like to be a part of the beta for Stars Beyond Reach.

I've added you to the list!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2015, 12:10:18 am »
UPDATE 5/23:
YES I still want new testers, and no you are not too late.  If you are reading this sometime in June, no you are not too late.  Welcome in!

Okay.  So the blueshirts are in, and a lot of time has passed since the beta has started, and it's time to start doing things differently.  I'm bringing in a new wave of testers every Friday or Monday come hell or high water.  In other words, I will try for Friday so that you have the weekend to test, but if things go awry then I will push back to the Monday night after.

On average, at the moment I will be looking for 11 folks per week, although I could probably go as high as 20 for the next while in particular.  As of the time of this writing we have 83 people on the list to be testers who have not yet been sent keys, and 48 people who have.  We're looking at an early July release, and new folks are still signing up for testing all the time (and VERY welcome to do so in this very thread), so weekly waves are pretty well unavoidable if I still want to have people in waves (which I do want) and not have a bunch of people who volunteered miss out on the beta (which I don't want).  We certainly can use every pair of eyes we can get, and every configuration of computer, and every style of thinking, every mix of past gaming experience, and so on.

If we wind up with too many volunteers for a given week, then I'll either pick randomly from that list and then roll the extras over to the next week, or else I'll just do a larger wave that week, at my discretion based on what I think is best for the game based on its current state.  Nothing personal either direction on that, and if you get pushed back one week I'll make extra sure you are in the next week.

If for some reason you have specific scheduling constraints and you need to be in this week (or sooner even) if you're to take part, then just let me know (you can PM me to make sure I don't miss it) and I'll get you in sooner.  I'd rather have folks like that outside of a normal wave than miss their input all together.

Right now there is a signup thread for anyone who wants to be a yellowshirt, which is what I'm calling the folks coming in next week.  But if you are signing up fresh in this thread, you can also just mention that you'd like to be a yellowshirt, or in whatever particular week if you know offhand.

Thanks everybody!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ZaneWolfe

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2015, 08:24:58 pm »
A 4X game, from Arcen? Hell yes. I want in too.

Offline Spectrum

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2015, 03:24:04 am »
I'm a big fan of 4X and like Arcen's approach to customer support. Please sign me up for the beta.

Offline tim1983

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2015, 07:57:12 am »
Hi

Just found out about this game, and id love to get in as a yellowshirt. I'm wearing a yellow shirt right now in fact, so it must be destiny :)

Offline Breach

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2015, 05:23:30 pm »
Hi Chris,

I'm not a huge fan of 4X games truth be told (so I didn't think my feedback would be too well orientated and therefore didn't apply for the beta earlier) however if you're wanting a variety of machines to test on and a keen eye to take a look for little things here and there I'd be happy to have a go.

Cheers.

Offline Magus-k

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2015, 10:33:04 pm »
I'm interested in working through this beta test.  Please add me to the list of interested volunteers for the yellow shirts.  I've added a few issues to Mantis, especially during Skyward Collapse.  Over the past few months, I've been really busy and haven't had time previously but, have been following the development of this game over the past year.  As my time has been freeing up over the past few weeks, I should be able to spend more time on beta testing this game.

Thanks,

Jake Kuska
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:54:03 pm by Magus-k »

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2015, 05:34:31 am »
Right now there is a signup thread for anyone who wants to be a yellowshirt, which is what I'm calling the folks coming in next week.  But if you are signing up fresh in this thread, you can also just mention that you'd like to be a yellowshirt, or in whatever particular week if you know offhand.

Ain't you going to run out of colors ?

Offline iozay

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2015, 07:15:41 am »
The colours are a star trek reference(The red shirts AKA frontline fighters where first, blueshirts who are scientists/medics after... :) ). Quite clever actually!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2015, 06:20:18 pm »
The colours are a star trek reference(The red shirts AKA frontline fighters where first, blueshirts who are scientists/medics after... :) ). Quite clever actually!
I certainly thought so. ;D

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2015, 10:37:40 am »
I though so as well. The only thing that got me confused are the orangeshirts.
I took them to be the techie and security guys wearing yellow - but since we are getting a bunch of yellowshirts next, I am confused ???.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Vordrak

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »
Hi there!

I would like to volunteer for the beta please, to be added in whatever waves means NOW :) . I own TLF, the Expansion, Skyward Collapse, AI War and all of its expansions.

I have a blog which sometimes reviews and previews games.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »
Have an upcoming trip during which I will have ample time to play. I would like to be added to the beta list  provided I can be on the active list by June 05 [gotta download before leaving] and the game will run on an 800x600 netbook powered by underfed hamsters.

Keep up the good work Chris et al.

Offline Thisismyusername

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2015, 01:04:04 am »
Hey Arcen people! I just learned about this beta and I'd love the chance to beta test it whenever you have room for me. It looks really dang interesting. I love your willingness to be different.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2015, 01:53:03 pm »
I believe Chris is bringing in the yellow shirts this Friday.(I think any way if I happen to be wrong feel free to chain me to a post and whip me)
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk