Author Topic: Note for yellowshirts! The entry date will be Monday the 1st rather than today.  (Read 7466 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
There are a metric ton of changes coming over the weekend, and I want your first experience with the game to be post-those.  Sorry for making you wait an extra bit, but ultimately you ought to be coming into something way more interesting and fun. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
HUGE changees.  Goodness.  Blame Misery and ptarth.  And Cinth.  And tadrinth and nas1m some, too.

Anyway, I'm super pleased on where these are leading as I finish up my Week Of Cutting.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
HUGE changees.  Goodness.  Blame Misery and ptarth.  And Cinth.  And tadrinth and nas1m some, too.

Anyway, I'm super pleased on where these are leading as I finish up my Week Of Cutting.
Sounds good!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline eOSO

Have the yellowshirts been chosen yet? Just wondering if I should keep hoping or not!!! Haha. Also If you haven't seen it I figure I can tell you here... I wasn't sure what to do about it; I left a comment on the spreadsheet on the tags section about a tag suggestion!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
I missed the tag suggestion there; ptarth has largely been the one organizing that particular spreadsheet, as I've had my head elsewhere.

As to the choosing of the yellowshirts I've not had time to get into that, but if you want it that much it's yours. :)  It looks like I had right in the right range of volunteers for it that I'll still be picking some that probably have not been back by the forums to see the invitation to sign up for a given week.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
should be {n1th}, {nnth}, {nnnth} tags.

depending on the last number appends "st," "nd," "rd" or "th"

0, 4-9 = th
2 = nd
3 = rd
{n1th} = 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th

xxxx11-xxxx19 ending in 11-19 all use "th"

{nnnth} = 110th, 111th, 112th, 113th, 114th, 115th, 16th, 117th, 118th, 119th

x21+ follows normal convention

It seems rather sensible. At this juncture the market item system hasn't been progressing due to a focus on core aspects of SBR. Closer to release Chris will make some cuts in the current Proposed Market Item Naming Systems and we'll see what we get. If everything doesn't make it, hopefully we'll  be able to develop it more for the inevitable expansion, tentatively called: Things Ptarth nagged Chris into changing Beyond Reach.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline eOSO

I missed the tag suggestion there; ptarth has largely been the one organizing that particular spreadsheet, as I've had my head elsewhere.

As to the choosing of the yellowshirts I've not had time to get into that, but if you want it that much it's yours. :)  It looks like I had right in the right range of volunteers for it that I'll still be picking some that probably have not been back by the forums to see the invitation to sign up for a given week.

Awesome, I'll take it! :D But if there are people that have been waiting I'd hate to cut.

It seems rather sensible. At this juncture the market item system hasn't been progressing due to a focus on core aspects of SBR. Closer to release Chris will make some cuts in the current Proposed Market Item Naming Systems and we'll see what we get. If everything doesn't make it, hopefully we'll  be able to develop it more for the inevitable expansion, tentatively called: Things Ptarth nagged Chris into changing Beyond Reach.

Yeah, it's not super important or critical but it would be a useful and fun tag for a lot of things. Just some more flavor and variety with some books maybe being 1st edition or talking about the 173rd Naval Armada's exploits :P

Offline Elijah

• Newbie Mark III

And new bugs to squash ;D ;D

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.

And new bugs to squash ;D ;D
yeap playing this game feels less like a 4x and more like bug hunting simulator  for me personally at least.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V

Uh oh...   Is this related to that rambling blob of a topic I started?  Which I then promptly derailed, if I recall correctly.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie

Uh oh...   Is this related to that rambling blob of a topic I started?  Which I then promptly derailed, if I recall correctly.

Check out the upcoming set of notes.  The next update is set to be the biggest one yet :)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V

Check out the upcoming set of notes.  The next update is set to be the biggest one yet :)

I looked at it, but I understood very little of it (not counting the bug fixes and such).   I saw a bunch of numbers going in different directions (numbers = math, my hated arch-nemesis) and mentions of building names I dont recognize, and something about mines...  I understood some of the stuff about shopping malls and banks, as I recognize those two, and I know what the factories are though I dont think I ever actually used them for anything.... I think that's about it, I dont recognize the other stuff.

Currently, I is confuse.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
From what I gathered is that there are going to be some buildings that will allow us to interact with terrain a bit more. 

Also some buildings are getting changes.. lots of stuff to look forward to playing with.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:33:24 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline iozay

• Newbie Mark III
Perfect, even though I have no idea what might have changed(Note: I will intentionally not read it up, I want to have my first impression as "clean" as possible :) ).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Brief status update before I stagger to get some sleep. ;)

Things are going well.  VERY well.  I'm super pleased with how this next version is shaping up.  That said... unfortunately no release tonight.  I had hoped to do an intermediate release with one batch of stuff, and then another batch tomorrow night with the rest for the yellowshirts. 

That said, the RAM stuff yesterday threw me off a lot, and then the building/district changes took me a solid four and a half hours today, and that was more than I'd anticipated.  I still have another 3-4 hours to go on the industry/commercial stuff and reorganizing the tech tree to accommodate all this stuff (there's like 6 techs and social progress things with no purpose now, and a number of techs that now make no sense in the order they are in), so I need to make sure to take the time to do that properly in the morning.

All in all these things are going extremely quickly for how much is changing, but I undershot my estimates a bit as... usual. :/  That said, it's practically like playing a different game for me already in this new version, I just get a completely different vibe from it personally.  It's really strange how some really simple things like freer building placement make such a big difference.

And Misery, yes, your big blob of text was quite helpful. :)  I mostly ignored it because I wasn't in a state to really process it yet, but was planning on coming back to it.  ptarth really internalized what you were saying, though, and came up with some awesome suggestions that make him, you, and me happier all at once actually. ;)  And nas1m came up with some excellent suggestions as well based I think partly on your thing, and unfortunately I have not even acknowledged his mantis issue yet, but I have read it and think it's a great idea (I was already planning on that one when I got a chance, but anyhow).

So happy times.  I just wish I had more hours in the day, but such is life I suppose.  See you guys tomorrow. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk