Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.952  (Read 1759 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.952
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »
Not much in this one: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Skyward_Collapse_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.952

A couple of balance things that might prove significant, naturally -- resource costs shifting tends to have that effect.  Things that cost diamonds should get some more play now.

The main reason for releasing this release so quickly is that stupid bug with the music tracks only ever playing ONE of the 11 awesome in-game music tracks that Pablo composed.  Facepalm.  Glad that was caught before the general release, although we've done a limited release to press with the 0.951 build and so naturally that bug was in there.  Sigh. ;)

My afternoon has pretty much been shot getting the website all set up for the page about the game, and getting assets to Steam, and getting the trailer on youtube, and taking a bunch of screenshots to be what get used on our site and all the stores, etc.  You may recognize some of your savegames in those screenies! :)

Whew.  And I still have more distributor-related stuff to do, but hopefully it won't take up more than another half day or so of my time.  This sort of thing is always super time consuming, but I really want to be able to get at least the undo feature into the game prior to 1.0, and ideally some more features than just that, too.

Cheers!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.952
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »
Glad that was caught before the general release, although we've done a limited release to press with the 0.951 build and so naturally that bug was in there.

Presumably the press builds are updateable, so that one track should tide them over until they press the update button. Should probably be no harm done.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:51:48 pm »
Glad that was caught before the general release, although we've done a limited release to press with the 0.951 build and so naturally that bug was in there.

Presumably the press builds are updateable, so that one track should tide them over until they press the update button. Should probably be no harm done.

Yep, precisely.  We've told them about the update button, but... well, you never know.  But the folks that have it are all really savvy, so hopefully they'll use the button.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53:55 pm »
It's OK, the song that repeats is one of the best ones. :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 08:09:08 pm »
It's OK, the song that repeats is one of the best ones. :D

Afternoon Stroll, was it?  I didn't check.  That's not in my top list on this one.  My favorite three are, in order: The main theme, then Follow Me Down, then High Noon.  I think they're all great, but those three really stand out to me.

Offline YoukaiCountry

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »
Can't wait to hear the "new" ones! I really liked the song that kept repeating, I find it getting stuck in my head at work.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 09:14:02 pm »
Just a quick note that there is a typo on the game page for Skyward Collapse. In the 100% DRM Free area:

Its the 'In Our Those' line that seems to be missing something, or maybe has 'our' when you meant to take it out? Anyway, no harm meant, the page looks beautiful!  :)  And the trailer is super cool!!!  :)
Hope it sells millions!!!!   :)

-Teal

100% DRM Free!

This game works a bit differently from many of our prior titles. In our those, a simple license key check was required.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »
@Teal: Oooh, thanks for that!  I hate having those sort of things in there, so I'm super glad you pointed it out.  Thanks for that, and for the kind words!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 09:22:32 pm »
There is a small mention of 'edicts' on the Q&A page posted May 02, (when edicts were definitely IN) but thought i would mention it now, since i don't think they are a part of the game anymore. A small snip is probably all that is required.  :) 

Sorry to mention all the typo thingies,
-Teal

p.s.  Its the 'And So Forth' part below the description of the tokens, The whipping switch part.  :)
Anyway, its very small and maybe people that don't know the game yet, might not even know what is meant by it and just read over it and forget it. But just in case thought i'd let you know.

"Bring me the whipping switch, boy."  In order to meet the criteria of your edicts
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:28:42 pm by Teal_Blue »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:14 pm »
@Teal: Ah, thanks again!  There were a bunch of things there that were no longer accurate, actually.  It still talked about crime, challenges, chapmen, and edicts.  I've adjusted all of that to hopefully not include any outdated mechanics anymore.  If anyone sees any I missed, by all means let me know; but I think I got them!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »
Cool!!!   :)

Looks Beautiful!!!

(Is that like too many, you know, !!! exclamation points?)   :)

-Teal

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 09:50:50 pm »
Quick Question:  Is the Nick Trujillo Comic supposed to have page 1 lead to page 2 and then to page 3...? You know, until its done? I think you said it was like 5 pages?

Anyway, the comic looks very cool!  But its only the first page and i didn't see a link for the second or third or other pages.

Sorry for all the questions, but just wanted the game to look its best, you all have done a really, really nice job! SC feels very complete and polished! Very Nice!!!

-Teal

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:10 pm »
Thanks!  In terms of the future pages on the comic, it's not all linked from start to end, but you can see it right there in the blog sidebar if you click through.  I'll do a roundup post when he's finished that includes all of them, and the game itself will have them in it, too.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 02:46:48 pm »
:)  Cool, Thanks!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk