Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.951  (Read 4799 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.951
« on: May 21, 2013, 12:40:43 pm »
The latest!  http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Skyward_Collapse_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.951

1. Score has been toned down for round 1 in general, and been made more sane in a few other ways.

2. Some minor AI improvements and then also switching to an "action points" model rather than just one attack per turn.  Balances the combat a lot better in terms of the ratio of combat to the number of actions you're directly taking.

3. Bunch of new player clarity improvements.

4. Some flipping around of siege unit availability and stats to make those feel a bit better.

I have a lot of store/business stuff to do this afternoon, so I won't be doing as many updates as usual.  Looks like we're getting low in terms of things that need to happen prior to 1.0 anyhow, but the undo button in particular is something I want to hit before then.

Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.951
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:15:26 pm »
I look forward to it. I'll see if I can fit in both a N-N-N* game and a H-H-H game tonight to compare how they feel.

*I'm hereby declaring that this is the convention that everyone will use when discussing difficulty forever. You're welcome.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »
It sounds like a "five by five" sort of description, which is kind of what I had in mind, too.  After just learning what that meant the other day. ;)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_by_five
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 01:23:32 pm »
I learned that phrase from Buffy.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »
Smiting seems to only cost 1AP now, although it still says 3 required. Edit: Oh I see. Smiting grass is 1AP, buildings is still 3. Bit strange when it tells you that it costs 3 but sometimes it only costs 1, though.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:27:32 pm by Pepisolo »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 01:37:43 pm »
Smiting seems to only cost 1AP now, although it still says 3 required. Edit: Oh I see. Smiting grass is 1AP, buildings is still 3. Bit strange when it tells you that it costs 3 but sometimes it only costs 1, though.

This is what it says:

"Destroy any single building tile that you control, or any land tile.  You cannot smite town centers.  When you smite a building, it costs you three action points instead of just one."

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 01:39:02 pm »
Destroy any single building tile that you control, or any land tile.  You cannot smite town centers.  When you smite a building, it costs you three action points instead of just one."

Just me being...uh.. derpy then? Disregard!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:40:10 pm »
Np. ;)

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 01:40:56 pm »
How does enlightenment work now in regard to all the recent changes? It's a feature I have pretty much not played with at all since many many versions ago.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:37 pm »
How does enlightenment work now in regard to all the recent changes? It's a feature I have pretty much not played with at all since many many versions ago.

Same as always.  It's super useful, actually, if you can get it working between two economically-focused towns.  Then you have these strongholds that simply can't be torn down.

Incidentally... somehow this never crossed my mind before... once we took out the score stuff, enlightenment became a "you automatically win" condition because those TCs can't be destroyed.  That's still the case when the score requirement is turned off.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 01:50:06 pm »
Maybe woes that kill towns should be able to kill those if targeted?
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 01:51:56 pm »

Actually, come to think -- they already will!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »
Oh really? They can't be destroyed *at all*?

I always kinda assumed bandits would still give them grief.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 01:58:29 pm »

Actually, come to think -- they already will!
I always felt like woes should be "top level".
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »
Call me crazy, but have monster spawns been disabled or something? Just went through 75 turns and I don't recall a single monster spawning. Which is strange because usually those Dark Elves give me a heap of trouble. Didn't see any Minotaurs either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk