Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.907  (Read 6497 times)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.907
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 05:29:21 pm »
I'm trying to think of a way for it to be less of a boon and more of a 'the landscape just got seriously ravaged in a major way and introduced a lot of holes and chokepoints'.

This is just a thought... a 'drastic' thought, but still... What if there was a woe, that took everything, i mean everything except the red and blue town centers and made it all go away? Sort of a go back to Start, do not pass Go and do not collect $200?  :)

A sort of Super Do-Over?  :)

(At this point i am thinking it would probably have to reset all your turns as well... just to get it to the point where you still have a chance at getting XX points by the end of the round for the score-gated games. But that may not apply if not score-gating.)

Just an idea, but I'm dying to get a Woe idea in the game! (am i vain or what?) sorry  :(
Oops, i think i already got one, with the Paranoia woe. I just forgot, so maybe two now, maybe?

Actually, you know what? Its not really my idea, its LaughingThesaurus's, because what he said made me think of it! Anyway... just a thought, provided it sounds like it is worth something to the game and would shake things up pretty good.

-Teal

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:50:24 pm by Teal_Blue »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:08 pm »
have you looked at what Ultima does?
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 06:43:18 pm »
Choke points are kind of a boon, too!  But in a lot of respects, that's what flood and upheaval already do, minus the holes bit.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 07:41:00 pm »
Yeah, but they can be a boon to entirely the wrong side. ;)
What I was thinking was, the holes come from different logic entirely and are actually holes-- quite a bit different from lakes and mountains. And... well, normally, you can't smite any tile that has somebody on it. If all ruins just exploded simultaneously, anybody on the ruins would also probably just be dead. They'd fall off the world.
I guess you could also just turn all the ruins into obsidian via some strategically placed divine molten rock airstrikes, but that'd just be mean.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk