Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.907  (Read 6384 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.907
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 02:22:06 pm »
I actually had a save from a bit earlier so managed to reproduce this - reported the issue:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11591

Thank you!

I also finished medium game with total score of 43440. Sadly attempt to kill the god that was meant to up the score failed.
One god kill is in that score along with few k for token use.
Game was started before difficulty revamp as Medium 2. Not much points should be missing from token use since I only played age of man with version without score on them.

Very cool.  It will be hard to know how the real ranges shake out in the end, but that's not too shabby at all.  I have a feeling that the upper ranges will be very hard to hit except on the top difficulties, unless people are killing gods left and right.  I may have to up the upper ranges just because of that factor.  Or down the god-kill points to 5k instead of 15k, not sure.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 02:30:12 pm »
TBH that 15k is quite tempting to get for a god.
And if you time it right I think for max cheese you could fenrir and giant both gods in last few turns just for points. Doing that from Greek side will be more difficult. I admit that Poseidon and his charge probably saved this game at some point so having a god around can be useful.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 03:02:25 pm »
I think that having it be tempting to kill gods is a good thing in general... and I'm no sure how much cheese that really is if you're having to bank on your score reaching a certain amount right at the end and you have limited time to do it.  That could be... tense.

I also have another function in mind for god death: basically, having it clear all building ruins on the map anytime a god dies.  Holy smokes that's useful... but is it more useful than having the god around?  I dunno, that might be too powerful, but I've been considering something in that vein at least.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 03:10:48 pm »
Just finished a pretty cool game on Medium. End score was 9275. It was really a fight for survival against the bandits. Managed to hold out until Wrath of the Gods hit, which helped cleaned up the bandits immensely. Pretty cool Woe that, actually, seeing the Gods angry and raging across the battlefield. I was using the skills available to me so it felt pretty involving. Played the Odins Raven and Athena Owl tokens at the right time.

One thing: are the units that are created when you play Athena's Owl meant to be upgradeable for free? It costs AP, but nothing in terms of resources.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 03:11:03 pm »
I have not had an opportunity to try the new version yet, but I have a question about score gating.

Does it say that you must have X/Y/Z by the end of each round, or does it say you must earn X/Y/Z *during* each round?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 03:14:06 pm »
Just finished a pretty cool game on Medium. End score was 9275. It was really a fight for survival against the bandits. Managed to hold out until Wrath of the Gods hit, which helped cleaned up the bandits immensely. Pretty cool Woe that, actually, seeing the Gods angry and raging across the battlefield. I was using the skills available to me so it felt pretty involving. Played the Odins Raven and Athena Owl tokens at the right time.

Awesome!

One thing: are the units that are created when you play Athena's Owl meant to be upgradeable for free? It costs AP, but nothing in terms of resources.

Yeah, that one is a bug actually.

I have not had an opportunity to try the new version yet, but I have a question about score gating.

Does it say that you must have X/Y/Z by the end of each round, or does it say you must earn X/Y/Z *during* each round?

I forget the exact wording, but it SHOULD say "by the end of the round," as that's how it actually works.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 06:40:27 pm »
I think that having it be tempting to kill gods is a good thing in general... and I'm no sure how much cheese that really is if you're having to bank on your score reaching a certain amount right at the end and you have limited time to do it.  That could be... tense.

I also have another function in mind for god death: basically, having it clear all building ruins on the map anytime a god dies.  Holy smokes that's useful... but is it more useful than having the god around?  I dunno, that might be too powerful, but I've been considering something in that vein at least.

That does sound way too useful.   The sort of thing that might make gods not really used much for their abilities, but used more to obliterate ruins tiles to allow repairs to damaged cities.  The gods should really be all about the god tokens that they can use.   Maybe a few more powers/abilities (not necessarily just god abilities!) that affect city ruin tiles in some way instead?   Right now Midgard Serpent is pretty much the only one that does (though that one is quite good now).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »
Could be... though in general I don't want ruins to be removable too much or the scorched earth thing really goes by the wayside of course. :)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 06:50:47 pm »
It would make Tyr one powerful god indeed.  Hey... I need those tiles back.  Skadi!!!! Need you to die for the cause again!!
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 08:18:45 pm »
It would make Tyr one powerful god indeed.  Hey... I need those tiles back.  Skadi!!!! Need you to die for the cause again!!

:)   Just a thought, but could it be set up so that first use of killing a god in a game restores 'half' of all the ruined tiles on the map (instead of all of them), but the second and third and so forth uses drop to miniscule amounts being restored, like a tenth of what is left, then a twentieth of that, and perhaps then a hundredth of that?

So using the 'kill a god get ruined tiles back' once is useful (but i strongly think it should be limited to some part and not all of the ruined tiles, but hey that is just my opinion),

but trying to abuse it, makes it still cost the 3 AP but only gives back a fraction of the first use. If players know this up front, and they should if we tell it to them in a tool tip, then losing AP points for fractionally smaller and smaller removal of ruins is way too high a price to pay.

Anyway, just a thought to stop the you know... over use of it.

-Teal

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:24:41 pm by Teal_Blue »

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:25 am »
I would rather see some of the woes affecting ruins (like collapse?).

If god removes ruins then it will be quick preparation for Norse and Greek lesser god will have hard time. He will need to watch around every corner if there are no giants incoming.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »
I would rather see some of the woes affecting ruins (like collapse?).

If god removes ruins then it will be quick preparation for Norse and Greek lesser god will have hard time. He will need to watch around every corner if there are no giants incoming.

Ahhhh..........   

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »
So maybe a woe that smites all ruins, leaving gigantic holes in the landscape?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 03:45:49 pm »
So maybe a woe that smites all ruins, leaving gigantic holes in the landscape?

That wouldn't really be a woe, that would be more like a boon, heh.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 05:15:52 pm »
I'm trying to think of a way for it to be less of a boon and more of a 'the landscape just got seriously ravaged in a major way and introduced a lot of holes and chokepoints'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk