Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.812  (Read 5158 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.812
« on: May 10, 2013, 05:24:16 pm »
Whew!  http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Skyward_Collapse_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.812

Couple of bugfixes, and then the rest of all the god tokens!  The god tokens took me a lot longer than I expected they would, but I think they're really good and varied.  Next up is either Woes or the tutorial, not sure which quite yet.  Also random gods being assigned instead of god selection. 

All of that will have to wait until Monday though, because of it being Mother's Day weekend and all that.  If there are any critical issues I'll try to get to those later tonight or tomorrow night if need be, though.

Cheers!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.812
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:33:31 pm »
Hooray!

Offline Winge

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:17 pm »
Yay!  Enjoy a weekend off, while we try and break this new patch  ;)

I'm just glad I finally have time to play a game...
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 05:35:53 pm »
Heh. Going to give it a go tonight, so nothing else to come from me anytime soon :)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:52 pm »
Is the tutorial finally done?

I want to play
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 06:24:18 pm »
Is the tutorial finally done?

I want to play

It's not, but, the text for it is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nVGJWSLPGt1649rFX-IdXsttF6LIFheqXwTloJHMmc4/edit?usp=sharing .

You could try going through that, see if it helps, and if not, then your feedback on why would be immensely helpful.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 06:29:15 pm »
uh oh. The bandit trojan horse was a worry when it spawned, but apparently it was actually just a gift horse and doesn't actually do anything.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 06:32:25 pm »
Also as it was already noticed in other thread - 100% crime doesn't change towns to banditry.
Mantis with save here:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11440

Second thing (not mantised yet):
Should Ullr move to it's bone immediately?
I placed the bone and it stayed on map for 5 turns but Ullr did not move a bit. It's possible he preferred to shoot at enemies instead. If he should move then it can be reproduced on save attached to issue above. Need to place the bone near that Greek city with crime.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:35:35 pm by orzelek »

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »
100% crime is supposed to turn only one building at a time to yellow in the previous patches, with the town-centre being last. Has it broken this time?

Gods will only move towards their token if it is within their sight range, AFAIK... So, at present you can't move it to the other side of an enemy town and hope that he trashes it completely.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:10 pm »
100% crime is supposed to turn only one building at a time to yellow in the previous patches, with the town-centre being last. Has it broken this time?

Gods will only move towards their token if it is within their sight range, AFAIK... So, at present you can't move it to the other side of an enemy town and hope that he trashes it completely.

Due to some buildings being destroyed by surprise (no idea how in places - deep inside faction territory) I had crime of 100% percent in quite a few towns. I didn't notice any buildings turning yellow. It is possible they were going to white flag state actually. That would explain the "damages". There is a sneaky crime rate increase between rounds and towns with 2 military producers were unable to keep up with crime rate (Norse side mainly - slower production).
I'm pretty sure that with current crime rate Norse will be barely playable on Hard/Extreme in later rounds. It seems that 3 unit producers will be required per town and you will have problems with keeping up with economy. Unless you make tons of siege workshops which produce faster apparently.

Token for the god was outside his sight range. So thats why he did not go there - good to know. Any idea if this is a bug or not?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 07:47:01 pm »
I loaded a save I have with several TCs close to 100%.  I was seeing buildings go Red -> White -> Red with the 10 turn count during white. 
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:12 pm »
Whew!  http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Skyward_Collapse_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.812

Couple of bugfixes, and then the rest of all the god tokens!  The god tokens took me a lot longer than I expected they would, but I think they're really good and varied.  Next up is either Woes or the tutorial, not sure which quite yet.  Also random gods being assigned instead of god selection. 

All of that will have to wait until Monday though, because of it being Mother's Day weekend and all that.  If there are any critical issues I'll try to get to those later tonight or tomorrow night if need be, though.

Cheers!

Yes, these sure as heck seem varied all right.   Yeesh.   I thought Athena sounded mean.... Heimdall just outright KILLS EVERYONE in one of his.     Seeing now how some of these work and what they do, I think you were indeed right to remove the ability to choose gods and set them to random instead.

They dont all have costs associated with them though?   Or at least Heimdall's dont, shouldnt they be using moonstone/sunstone?

Due to some buildings being destroyed by surprise (no idea how in places - deep inside faction territory) I had crime of 100% percent in quite a few towns. I didn't notice any buildings turning yellow. It is possible they were going to white flag state actually. That would explain the "damages". There is a sneaky crime rate increase between rounds and towns with 2 military producers were unable to keep up with crime rate (Norse side mainly - slower production).
I'm pretty sure that with current crime rate Norse will be barely playable on Hard/Extreme in later rounds. It seems that 3 unit producers will be required per town and you will have problems with keeping up with economy. Unless you make tons of siege workshops which produce faster apparently.

Token for the god was outside his sight range. So thats why he did not go there - good to know. Any idea if this is a bug or not?

I was wondering that bit about the god movement myself....  I thought they were supposed to head towards it regardless of where it was?  Considering the extreme limitations on their use (each god token only useable once?) this seems to make the most sense.

Also I'd noticed that bit with the crime..... some of those rates might need a little tweaking.   I'm still playing through my medium-difficulty game, I"m in the Age of Monsters, and indeed none of my towns can get by without at least 2 military buildings right now.   

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 08:13:14 pm »
Crime rates are +3/+4/+5 if I remember correctly.  2 military producers should be plenty to hold even the Norse towns  (+25 over 5 turns vs -30 for 2 producers every 5 turns).

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 08:16:01 pm »
Couple notes: gods should always move, but their priorities are backwards and so they prefer to be all shooty right now as you noticed. Will have to fix.

Sounds like the crime thing has broken with all the changes that were put in. Same with Trojan horses. There's been quite a reorg of a lot of code, to expand it for modifiability via tokens and such, plus the revamp of siege and all that, so there's bound to be some cruft. Part of why I've been trying to get that part sorted sooner than later.

Tutorial is soon on my list, not sure if I should do that before or after the first woes. Any thoughts?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 08:19:34 pm »
The tutorial should go in before the next wave of alpha/beta. But depending on how far off that is, I would say woes first unless there's plans to expand the alpha/beta very soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk