Author Topic: American and Japanese giant robots to duel in 2016  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
American and Japanese giant robots to duel in 2016
« on: July 07, 2015, 02:51:20 am »
Last week an American company made a strange proclamation: since they had a giant robot, and a certain Japanese company had a giant robot, they should fight to the death.

Just yesterday, Japan agreed. On the condition the fight include a melee portion. Because building a giant robot and strapping guns to it is just "so American".

These are apparently real companies, and the challenge does seem to be spontaneous. I STILL think it's a viral marketing campaign for Pacific Rim 2, but whether it is or not, it looks like next year's biggest sporting event will be a real life giant robot duel.

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
Re: American and Japanese giant robots to duel in 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 05:18:36 am »
Christ...I just saw that the Americans gave their bot a faux-used paint job. Immediate loss of interest.
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 12:30:54 pm »
To be fair Watashiwa, Megabots bot does look very tankbot (they even have a video of it firing a paintball cannon that dents vehicle exteriors), as opposed to looking like a cool giant robot that was previously in the news several years ago.

And if it involves melee combat, its basically an upscaled battlebots, isn't it? :D

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:41:06 pm »
To be fair Watashiwa, Megabots bot does look very tankbot (they even have a video of it firing a paintball cannon that dents vehicle exteriors), as opposed to looking like a cool giant robot that was previously in the news several years ago.

And if it involves melee combat, its basically an upscaled battlebots, isn't it? :D
Pretty much, heh.

But honestly, if the Americans wind up bringing a bolo to fight a Gundam, I'd call it MORE than a fair match. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk