Author Topic: AI War 2 v0.778 Released! "I'm Talking To HIM, Not You!"  (Read 1903 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v0.778 Released! "I'm Talking To HIM, Not You!"
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »
Release notes here.

This one fixes all of the super-duper critical bugs that I'm aware of.  There are plenty more bugs to go around, and we'll definitely be getting to those.  But right now it's a balance between the UI work, bugfixing and balance tweaking, and other needed refinements.  I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about just spending tomorrow on the UI.

Thursday -- the day after tomorrow -- is when our big press push goes down, so if there's anything super duper critical hopefully we can get that in the next day or two.  The sidebar and the profile screen and the lobby/start options are my main foci for tomorrow, and hopefully I can just work on those and ignore mantis for the day.  I can dream, right? ;)  I expect Thursday and Friday are going to be heavy bugfixing days.

Anywho, the biggest bugfix in this new build is that orders were getting scrambled up between units in a variety of ways.  We pool the orders (as of a few weeks ago), and what was happening is that a given order could be added back into the pool twice... thus meaning that multiple ships then get the order back out of the pool and use it for different things.  Then each of THEM could put it back in twice, leading to four ships having one order that's all scrambled up and not fully what was told to any of them.  So that led to ships eventually just acting outright insane.  Shooting nothing, flying into the bottom left corner, abandoning orders in the middle of a routine flight from A to B... you name it.  Thankfully that's all sorted now; thanks for your patience with it!

Anyway, hence the title of this build.

There were various other bugs fixed as well, and a notable new feature: the ability to order your bloody engineers around!  Before they just did whatever they felt like.  Now you can actually tell them to go work on something specific, and you can even lock them in to just boosting the performance of a specific dock -- same as in Classic.  Except in the new version it's even better, because even while they are locked in, they can do other things within their range if the dock doesn't need boosting right this instant.  That's a minor thing, but fairly valuable.

More to come soon. :)

Reminder: RocketAssistedPuffin has stepped into a volunteer balancer role, and he is not only looking for feedback, but he's actively integrating lots of things that other people are suggesting on our forums and Discord, as well as things that he's finding and coming up with himself.  The more feedback the better, for sure.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page.  If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games?  It doesn't have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen.  Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War 2 v0.778 Released! "I'm Talking To HIM, Not You!"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:04:45 pm »
Did this actually get to Steam? I don't see it.

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:50 pm »
Says .778 is out.

I haven't gotten it yet.

I see through the lies of the Jedi.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:26:10 pm by Ovalcircle1 »
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 10:03:40 am »
Still not seeing it?  I see it...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 10:14:54 am »
I see it now

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 11:00:25 am »
Downloaded.
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:27:59 am »
Cool. :)

I didn't change anything, so I guess steam was just taking a while.  Restarting the steam client can sometimes prompt it to do it faster.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 12:30:09 pm »
Cool. :)

I didn't change anything, so I guess steam was just taking a while.  Restarting the steam client can sometimes prompt it to do it faster.
Steam was borked around that time. Dota 2 should have been updatet as well at that time but there was no update visible.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 03:06:29 pm »
Ah, okay -- good to know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk